Munch Notes/Agenda - Switches - 8th Oct 2020

Th****

Posted

Switches
Creative credit to @Firewitch for the great discussion notes.

Like all play we discuss, fantasise about and practice, these are all underpinned by our cornerstones, principles and guidance offered freely in our community.....

• What is a switch? Are you one? Do you know one? What does it mean to you?

• A Top, a bottom, a Dom/me, a sub.... so many options to explore and find out where you sit on the switchy spectrum 

• Education in our lifestyle is essential, learning risks and managing them, limits and boundaries, are a priority... potentially both sides of the slash .... does being a switch alter or change any of these?

• Being a switch is not 50/50 divide, rarely to we find symmetry in our nature... can you put a ratio on it? What do you think this looks like? Can it change?

• Like anything, it is the organic nature of the person... how do we recognise these traits? What mechanism might be use to discover this about ourselves?

• Switches building relationships and developing into kinky dynamics

• Poly, Dominant to one submissive to another, managing relationships.. how do you/ would you manage over 1 dynamic?  Any one have any tips? Pointers? Suggestions?

• Switchy wiggles, switching with switches... mid scene, negotiated, discussed, agreed, static/ set dynamics.. understanding the logistics is often a question to ponder.... 

• I would argue that switches may umbrella themselves as Hedonists, finding pleasure is what you enjoy and sharing it with your partner without the constraints of labels of boxes, to be free to respond and engage in where they find themselves. 

Thank you all so much for coming, I've really enjoyed myself, long live freedom!!!!

Posted

This was an awesome munch that brought up so many different and diverse takes on every ones personal experiences of switches and switching.

It is rare for a topic to cover such a wide ranging topic and chat was scrolling fast.

So if anyone would like to expound further or in more detail on any of the above points.

Also if you were not able to attend the Munch we would love to hear any of your thoughts on any of the above points that speak to you.

I found this particularly interesting to hear about as I have never switched. It was refreshing to hear a large number of people he do switch express different thoughts about it in various ways. 

Feel free to post any thoughts you may have.

Posted

My main takeaway was the idea that one should go with the flow and be less focussed on the "plan".

Let your play and the mood of the moment decide the "switch point".

Excellent munch.

🔓👑🔓

Posted

It was an interesting munch. I thought it would be quite a tricky subject because switches are so varied. We have common traits but then have our own individual things about us that make us unique. Because I am a crossdresser I almost live 2 lives, and being able to switch between the two sides is a daily thing. I probably sit on the extreme end of the switch spectrum because I am switching personality, you might even call it a split personality disorder. But it runs through my whole life. I can go from Dominant to submissive and back again in a short space of time. It can be a bit of an emotional rollercoaster sometimes. But I don't think I would exist as I am here if I wasn't a switch. So it's something I happy to be

Posted
17 hours ago, METALSIR said:

My main takeaway was the idea that one should go with the flow and be less focussed on the "plan".

Let your play and the mood of the moment decide the "switch point".

Excellent munch.

🔓👑🔓

I found that interesting as well. It was not something I had thought about before in that way.

Considered from the switch stand point of course, it is now more obvious to me that like anything that switching point is a unique thing to everyone.

Thus it is only sensible to be flexible in that way.

Well said.

Posted
17 hours ago, Chiana said:

It was an interesting munch. I thought it would be quite a tricky subject because switches are so varied. We have common traits but then have our own individual things about us that make us unique. Because I am a crossdresser I almost live 2 lives, and being able to switch between the two sides is a daily thing. I probably sit on the extreme end of the switch spectrum because I am switching personality, you might even call it a split personality disorder. But it runs through my whole life. I can go from Dominant to submissive and back again in a short space of time. It can be a bit of an emotional rollercoaster sometimes. But I don't think I would exist as I am here if I wasn't a switch. So it's something I happy to be

That is a thing that occurred to me as well Chiana.

The variation between switches is huge in all the many aspects. I think for me this is what made it so fascinating, it was so personal.

That fast switching you speak of must be challenging. It is great you can pull the positives from that .. Good for you!