Munch Notes/Agenda - Fetishwear - 12th November 2020

li****

Posted

Munch Notes/Agenda - Fetishwear - 12th November 2020

Host: @lil-monster

Content contributor: @lil-monster

Thank you also to @Moz for suggesting this as a topic.

1.Why, do we think there is an afinity to Fetish wear in BDSM?

2.What is the history do you feel behind fetish wear, and when do you think it became prominent?

• corsets and hobble skirts in late 19th century. 

• 1920s ( One of the most iconic designs to come out of that era was a studded steel cone bra and chastity belt with a plumed headdress ) 

• Leather underground gay community/biker community

• Punk in the late 70s/80s

3.What materials or type of clothing do you consider to be classed as Fetish wear?

• Latex

• Rubber

• Leather

• Lingerie

• Collars

• Role play outfits/uniform outfits

• Frilly dresses i.e Sissy clothing

• Harnesses

• Pvc/wetlook/patent leather

• Spandex/nylon/fishnet

• Corsets

• Steampunk

• Hobble skirt

• Silk and velvet

• Diapers AB/DL ( adult baby/diaper lover )

• Pup gear/hoods

• There is no definitive fetish outfit. Outfits that reveal as much as they cover, clothing with inbuilt restraints and other kinky extras like hoods and masks all count as fetish wear. It’s what makes you feel sexy, kinky and confident

4.Would you consider cosplay a form of fetish wear? 

5.What's the best thing to look out for with latex and what do you need to do if it's your first time buying latex?

• Make sure you get your measurements correct 

• Make sure you from someone who knows what they doing do they have a website with good reviews 

• Make sure the material is up to scratch

• Start off small maybe a skirt or a dress to begin with 

• Make sure you some kind of dressing aid to get in to a catsuit ect i.e silicon lube 

6.Is there a difference between latex and rubber? If so what?

• Rubber which is generally thicker, less shiny, and more matte than latex.

7.Do you have any tips on how to look after or care for your latex? 

• Heat melts latex. Keep away from  extremely hot surfaces and flames.

• Sunlight causes discoloration.

• Make sure to keep it dry.

• Store in a cool dry place, have one garment per bag

• Oils not specifically labelled for use with latex will damage it, so don’t use them! Petroleum is also bad! To keep it nice and shiny, use a silicone polish

• If you can, get chlorinated latex. It cuts down on the amount of care you must put into cleaning and storing your garments and gear.

8.Do you know how to keep rubber looking it's best? 

• Rubber needs a little TLC from time to time (powdering and oiling are usually essential) 

9.Where is the best place to rubber? 

Many times the best quality will be from a rubberist whose hobby includes making their own rubber clothing and gear, then selling it online or at events.

10.Is looking after rubber the same as latex? 

• Keep sharp objects away from your rubber (trim your nails!)

• Keep your rubber out of direct sunlight

• Store separately (especially from sex toys) or with other rubber of the same color

• Use rubber polish specifically designed for rubber! (Silicone or water based)

• For easy on use non-scented talcum powder or silicone-based lube

• Wash your rubber with mild soap and pat dry with a towel, let it completely dry before you store it away!

11.Would you consider latex to be more predominant with Dommes? 

12.Have times changed with regards to fetish wear, has it become more mainstream in recent years if so, how?

13.What is your favourite type of fetish wear? What turns you on?

14.Do you think there is more fetish wear out there for women more so then men? 

15.Any more questions or comments?

Posted

I’m sorry I missed this lil-monster. Sounds fascinating and a huge learning opportunity, for me anyway. 🌹

Posted
5 hours ago, angry_g said:

I’m sorry I missed this lil-monster. Sounds fascinating and a huge learning opportunity, for me anyway. 🌹

I'm glad we can now put the munch notes/questions up in the forum, for people like yourself who missed the munch. Thank you ❤️

Posted

I still have issues navigating the site from my phone. I think that’s half my problem. But I will track down where to find, learn and contribute if I can lol. Thank you.🍸

Posted
3 hours ago, angry_g said:

I still have issues navigating the site from my phone. I think that’s half my problem. But I will track down where to find, learn and contribute if I can lol. Thank you.🍸

See now I find using the site better on my phone then laptop but if you have any questions or need any advice on the site let me know. 

Posted

Much appreciated lil-m. I will love to be able to read all of the comments as I don’t know much about latex, rubber or vinyl. I just know it always looks awesome on you and would like to learn more about it and maybe incorporate it into our kinks. Bonus that there is a lot of care for the different materials. Had no idea. Thanks again.🌹

Posted
2 minutes ago, angry_g said:

Much appreciated lil-m. I will love to be able to read all of the comments as I don’t know much about latex, rubber or vinyl. I just know it always looks awesome on you and would like to learn more about it and maybe incorporate it into our kinks. Bonus that there is a lot of care for the different materials. Had no idea. Thanks again.🌹

Aw you're welcome, and thank you. I learnt a lot about latex after having friends that wear it a lot and then buying it myself I needed to do my research. 

Posted

Well I guess I should start shopping, lol. Any hints on size with latex. Do you size up, down or three to size or does it depends on Manufacturer? It would be a real disappointment if her first piece didn’t fit😅