Rating photos

Pa****

Posted

I like rating members photos and pics, everybody is reaching out and I love the confidence and energy that everybody is sharing.

What I'd like to know is why I rate somebody with 5 stars, that it records as 4.5 stars?

I have changed mouse, I have tried finding a little sweet spot that records 5 stars instead of 4.5 stars.

In truth this might be a tiny things, but like all tiny things that add up to something more.

Does anybody have the same problem with rating stars? And if so have they found a solution. 

Posted

I suspect this recalculates the average - so if you rate 5 stars - and someone else has rated 4 stars, it sets the average to 4.5

Posted

I am okay with an average and suspect that the site calculates this from different users.

The annoyance is related to an individual rating, when I pick a whole star and some how it gives a half star, so 5 become 4.5, 4 become 3.5...it is something that is annoying me as I love the time and effort that members are making and how their reaching out to be themselves.

Posted

is this not because it updates the average real time?

Posted
On 2/18/2018 at 11:39 PM, PatientTraveller said:

I am okay with an average and suspect that the site calculates this from different users.

The annoyance is related to an individual rating, when I pick a whole star and some how it gives a half star, so 5 become 4.5, 4 become 3.5...it is something that is annoying me as I love the time and effort that members are making and how their reaching out to be themselves.

eyemblacksheep is right. when you click on 5 stars it will record the 5 stars and add them to a pool of user ratings. So while you click 5 stars or straight after you do it, the site does not display your 5 star rating, it shows you the average of all user ratings instantly. Makes sense?