bonding on netflix

Ch****

Posted

season 2 of bonding is now on netflix. just started season 2 I'm loving it

Posted

I don't know whether I should watch it or not. I did not like season 1. 

Posted

Too many cliches, like the sub trying to stop the guy from getting his mistress and failing, the male lead finally getting the courage to overcome stage fright, etc etc. 

I also didn't like how they even added "the best friends fought but they made up and became stronger" cliche. 

Sorry if I am ruining it for you. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Samthegaylord said:

Obsessed with that show

me 2

Posted

I think it is funny in an off-the-wall kind of way :-)

Posted
1 hour ago, Carnelian2 said:

I think it is funny in an off-the-wall kind of way :-)

better than 50 shades

Posted

I don't know if if this has been mentioned:  The second season of "Bonding" is now available on Netflix.  I recall our earlier discussion of the numerous errors that we found in the first season of this show.  Many of these mistakes have now been addressed, in the second season.  I don't know if these were intentional aspects of the story arc.  Or, if the writers were responding to feedback from the BDSM community.  In particular, the topic of "consent" is strongly broached.  Tiff is having to go through retraining, because of her many ***s of consent, during the initial season.  I could say more.  But, I should wait until everyone has had a chance to watch it, and a discussion forms.

Posted

Yes, they responded to criticism and took some direct advice

Now, some of the criticism in series 1 - I think was valid ("that's not consensual", "that rope work is terrible", "Really?!") but then, plenty of people in real life make similar mistakes

But, I like how they incorporated correcting that into the story line

Posted

I hope theres a season e as the ending of season 2 was sad for me. will not say anything more

@Phoenyx in my very 1st post I posted season 2 was on Netflix.  like you said I like the fact that they had to go to kink school to retrain. that's all I'm going to say

Posted

last time it took a few months to order a renewal, but I think they left it in a way hoping it'd be renewed

Posted

I have been doing a bit of research on the creation of this show.  The story was created by Rightor Doyle and it was inspired by the period that he worked as a bodyguard for a dominatrix (who also happened to be an old childhood friend).  He based the character of "Pete" on himself.  In an interview, he basically described himself as "an outsider looking in".   Hence, the mistakes in Season 1.

Rightor Doyle is active on Twitter, where he openly discusses the show.  That was where he got feedback from the BDSM community, to make the corrections seen in Season 2.  In the interview, he stated that he still knows too little about the BDSM world, and that he is anxious to learn more.  He wants his show to be as close to the truth as possible.

Which, brings-up a possibly crazy idea.  Rightor Doyle uses his real name on Twitter.  Perhaps, some of our members who are on Twitter, could reach out to him, and invite him to join our group.  I believe that his stories could benefit greatly from our discussions.  I am not on Twitter or any other "social media"---so, I could not do it myself.  Or, is this a totally bad idea?  Remember, such a move would have to have consent from all present.