Photo Contests

cautiousswitch

cautiousswitch
Posted

I really couldn't decide which category this fell into.  It will probably be moved by administration.

I've participated in some of the photo contests and stayed out of others.  The main qualification in these decisions is do I have any pictures that actually fit the theme of the contest.  Admittedly, some of my submissions have only vaguely matched the theme.  

I was considering posting this over the weekend, but that is when they announced the current contest of post pictures of yourself at play.  A very broad theme - it doesn't even specify kink play; it wouldn't surprise me to see a picture of someone playing cards.  Yet I was able to accurately predict that there would be pictures of selfies and feet.  A selfie of someone in their latex suit sort of hints at play, a selfie of someone in their day-to-day clothes doesn't really.  Feet on someone's back hints at play, feet on a footrest doesn't really.  (Yes, yes, feet are a fetish but of and by themselves are they really play?) In the last contest, pamper yourself, it was a little more understandable that some people would stretch the meaning of pamper in order to fit a picture in (there were still a lot of generic selfies though),  but with the current one it's a little more clear that some pictures fit the theme and others don't.

Part of this post is venting.  I hear 'contest' and am hoping to see something creative and thoughtful that falls within the rules of the contest.  I purposefully do not enter some because I cannot meet those expectations for the theme suggested.  In a venue that emphasizes communication and following agreed upon rules I would hope to find more people with that attitude.

Posted

The en***ment of the rules for photo submission is inconsistently en***d in my experience. Now I'm sure it's not, but it does give the impression that it's more about who you are than the content of your photos. Generally over the past year I have seen users with contact details overlaid on photos, heavy photoshopping and pictures of toys that are against the rules, both in competitions and as regular profile pictures. All of these must have been approved by someone.

I have had photos reclassified and locked as 18+ after being visible for weeks and more recently a picture of my wrist with a bracelet on it was deemed not within the rules of the last competition.

I'm sure it's not easy to consistently vet the hundreds of photos uploaded here every day, but I had a premium membership for a year but haven't renewed it because of frustrations like this. 

Posted

Yes, and sometimes despite what the blurb says as in show us everything, photos are still subject to normal photo rules, obviously certain photos aren't allowed, but in a recent show us your favourite toy I entered a photo of my hand, not allowed apparently....

cautiousswitch
Posted

While some of Fetish.com's decisions are a little questionable, I wasn't intending to question them in my original post.  Moderated sites tend to update things a bit slowly.  As an international kink site they have to be careful about laws of multiple countries.  Multiple moderators means that there may be inconsistencies in how a picture gets rated.

It's looking through the pictures when a contest is over and seeing generic selfies getting 4 and 5 stars while pictures that more closely follow the theme of the contest get fewer that I'm questioning.  This isn't the administration, it's members just not caring when they vote.  The kink equivalent would be, "I know you have limits, but now that you're *** I'm going to ignore them."  And I'm not just whining because some of my pictures get low votes; I look through contests that I didn't enter and still wonder what people were thinking when I compare the results to the theme of the contest.

Posted

This was the main reason members wanted the star rating system changed to a simple like, personally I think it's a better way, to simply say you like a picture rather than grading it on a one to five basis