Latex care

Hexy

Posted

How does everyone recommend looking after latex? I have recently invested into a lovely latex dress that i am 100% in love with, but i am unsure what to use to shine in. I wash it in just warm water and allow to drip dry before i store it in a plastic bag that it came in and a light layer of talc on the inside and outside. But in doing that i have lost that illustrious shine that black latex brings. 

So how does everyone look after their latex and on top of that, what is the best way to make it shine without ruining it?

Posted
Just googled it and there are loads of sprays and gels to the job
Posted
I have a great spray for shine! All the Pjur products have been really good for me! I use latex for shoots and the shine spray makes it pop
Posted

For my latex dress what I use is what @eroticsins has stated which is the brand Pjur, it's fantastic and you only need the slightest spray to make it look sooo shiny!!!! I highly recommend. When I've finished with my latex I hang my dress in a cool and dry place on a wooden hanger, and If I'm folding the dress away instead i.e I only do that if I'm not gonna be wearing it for a while, I place white tissue paper between the latex. Hope that helps hexy!!! 💋

Posted
I wash in latex cleaner and then shiner I bought whilst in latex shop, also helps when putting on as don’t need talc for assistance. Can’t remember name but was recommended. Then I either let drip dry or towel dry. I keep all my latex in a dark cool area as it keeps colour and no blistering on latex.