Jump to content

Beauty is not a size !!


Recommended Posts

Beauty Is Not a Size

There is something rather fascinating about the way some men talk about women’s bodies.

Ask a man whether he likes bigger women, BBWs, or women with curves, and suddenly the vocabulary becomes remarkably diplomatic:

“Size doesn’t really matter.”

“I’m okay with a big girl.”

“It’s all about the person.”

“I don’t really have a type.”

And I have to wonder: Why is it so difficult to simply say, “I love big women”?

Because there is a rather significant difference between desiring someone and being willing to tolerate them.

“Size doesn’t really matter” does not sound like desire. It sounds like an exemption.

“I’m okay with a big girl” sounds even worse. Okay? As though you have been presented with a menu, discovered that the preferred option is unavailable, and decided you can probably make do with something else.

Imagine if women spoke to men the same way.

“Size doesn’t really matter.”

“I’m okay with a little dick.”

“You know, I normally prefer bigger, but personality is what counts.”

Suddenly, I suspect the conversation would become considerably less philosophical.

And yet women are routinely expected to accept this kind of language about their bodies as though we should be grateful that someone is willing to look past our size.

No!!

My body is not something to “look past.”

My curves are not an unfortunate detail that personality must compensate for.

My size is not an obstacle standing between you and the supposedly more important woman underneath.

I am the woman underneath—and the woman you see.

I don’t want to be someone’s exception.

I don’t want to hear that a man is “fine” with my size.

I don’t want to be reassured that he can “handle” a big woman.

And I certainly don’t want to feel that he is secretly wishing I were smaller while telling me that he is attracted to me because he doesn’t want to offend me.

I want honesty.

If you love curves, say you love curves!

If BBWs make your pulse quicken, own it! Dam it !!

If you are attracted to a woman precisely because she is voluptuous, soft, abundant, curvy and unapologetically big, there is absolutely nothing shameful about saying so.

In fact, there is something wonderfully sexy about a man who can look at a woman with curves and say, without hesitation:

“That is exactly my type!”

Or “You embody everything I desire!!”

There is no prize for pretending not to have preferences.

And there is certainly no prize for making a woman feel like she should be grateful that you are willing to overlook her body.

Beauty has never been a mathematical equation. There is no universally correct number on a scale, no predetermined dress size that suddenly unlocks desirability, and no magical measurement that determines whether someone is worthy of being admired, touched, kissed, wanted or loved.

Beauty is not a size. Desire isn’t either.

People are attracted to different things. Some men love petite women. Some love athletic women. Some love tall women. Some love curves. Some absolutely adore big women.

All of that is perfectly fine.

What isn’t particularly attractive is pretending.

So if you don’t like big women, that’s okay.

You don’t owe me attraction.

But please don’t approach me with the energy of someone trying to convince himself that he can make an exception.

And if you genuinely crave a big woman—if curves are what make your eyes linger, your imagination wander and your hands want to explore—then don’t hide behind “size doesn’t really matter.”

Say what you mean.

Say you love big women.

Say you adore curves.

Say you find a BBW irresistible.

There is confidence in knowing what you want and being honest enough to admit it.

As for me?

I am not looking for someone who is merely okay with my size.

I want someone who looks at me and thinks, “Damn. Exactly my kind of woman.”

So yes, beauty is not a size.

But neither is desire.

And if a big woman isn’t what you crave, that’s perfectly respectable.

Just leave me alone.

×
×
  • Create New...