Finding the local community

Bo****

Posted
So I’m still new to this life style, and have first tried to use the online dating bdsm apps,but they either need you to pay just to talk to anyone, or have next to no one in it.

So I think I need some tips into finding other people or groups.

As a side, if anyone knows of any good places in Hampshire Uk please let me know. Thank you
Posted
Well you've found this place which is a good start, but you should also be aware that finding a submissive is not an immediate thing, especially for an inexperienced male dominant - a good place to start would be with your profile and using it to provide information about yourself and your interests beyond the basic "I'm a dominant looking for a submissive" type stuff.

It's OK to be inexperienced, we all were once, but you need to be able to show a level of knowledge also - not only about the lifestyle but yourself and how you see yourself fitting in.

Look out for local munches and kink events to attend, go along with no intentions other than getting to know people and learn from them - Google is your friend here, as are the events pages on sites like this.

Take time to learn about not only the lifestyle but yourself, if you can't define yourself and your interests to others then your chances of engaging with people will be slim. Get involved in the forums and chat rooms, show people that you're a decent sort who is willing to learn.

Also, there's nothing you can do about it, but your age will be a factor many will take into account and will further narrow your opportunities - again there's nothing wrong with someone your age having an interest, but many people will find it difficult to submit to someone a lot younger than themselves.
Posted

the google term you need is 'find a munch' - it's the most comprehensive list of munches on the website.

(it's not every munch, as, nothing is exhaustive and some prefer not to be included on there - but it's a massive starting point) 

There's also a munches/events section on this website - https://www.fetish.com/events/

Posted
You cn also look at fetlife dot com . That has groups that support and organise a lot of the Munches. There are Munches in Soythampton and Portsmouth. Poole. Salsbury. Reading. Basingstoke(not sure there?).
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Echoing @eyemblacksheepand I'd suggest checking often..the pandemic has impacted heavily on munches, I think the majority took them online using Discord, they're slower to open again in person in a lot of areas, some stopped entirely, but you could definitely use the virtual munches to get a bit of a feel for the people you'll hopefully be meeting as more opens up, may even suit you better initially until you've gained more confidence and you could try a few out.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

like - sometimes... sometimes... google is really good

"fetish events London" - there's fucking pages.