online roleplay?

Hawkeye221b

Hawkeye221b
Posted

so i've been recently interested in roleplay, but due to lack of transportation and the pandemic, i'm unable to do anything irl, and was wondering if roleplay online was possible- and if so how do i go about doing it?

Posted

remember folks - this is a thread asking for advice - no "play with me" comments ;):)

Posted

The answer is yes it is possible but it takes planning to set the scene.

You still need to put aside the uninterupted time for the scene itself.

It can be done by DM or live chat. I'd avoid video personally. As a large part of it depends on the image you have each created in your mind and the pictures might not help.

Hawkeye221b
Posted
44 minutes ago, oldfellow said:

The answer is yes it is possible but it takes planning to set the scene.

You still need to put aside the uninterupted time for the scene itself.

It can be done by DM or live chat. I'd avoid video personally. As a large part of it depends on the image you have each created in your mind and the pictures might not help.

Oh i see! and if i did want to do one through dms, what would i do? I don't want to clog any forums with requests if it's not allowed... i just want to make sure i know what i'm doing when it comes to this. thank you for the reply too!

Posted
3 hours ago, Hawkeye221b said:

Oh i see! and if i did want to do one through dms, what would i do? I don't want to clog any forums with requests if it's not allowed... i just want to make sure i know what i'm doing when it comes to this. thank you for the reply too!

Well first find a suitable D. Some D's can do online roleplay and some can't. It really depends on how well each of you can visualise.

Think about timezones, you need some time when both of you are going to be awake.

There are private chat rooms on this site or you can just message back and fore which mostly works or you can use an external mail service, that mostly works too. There are also a raft of messaging apps that you can use.

The key is to discuss and develop the scene. A lot of this falls on the D to make real. Some things are practiacl and some are not.

Any sort of restraint is difficult to make work, it's hard to tie yourself up and you'll need your hands free if you need to type!

Similarly with any sort of impact play, there are areas of the body you can reach and areas you can't, so while it can be worked into a scene it needs thinking about.

If you plan to use toys they need to be available and you need to know they might be used. (not exactly how they will be used) Remember you'll need to be able to imagine it's not you working the toy as instruted.

That still leave planty of scope but also means a bit of out of the box thinking is needed.

Don't try to plan a scene that lasts too long. I'd say 1 hour maximum.

Posted
Are you looking for someone to get to know them build scenes with or random partners to rp with?

There are adult chat rooms that you can join anonymously and seek rp partners. If you are just looking to explore and rp a kinky story/scene. It can be very hit and miss on finding partners that write well and have similar interests. But if you are patient, you can find people.

There are also groups in chat apps like kik with rooms focused on roleplay where you may find people to rp with.
Hawkeye221b
Posted
27 minutes ago, Matttster said:

Are you looking for someone to get to know them build scenes with or random partners to rp with?

There are adult chat rooms that you can join anonymously and seek rp partners. If you are just looking to explore and rp a kinky story/scene. It can be very hit and miss on finding partners that write well and have similar interests. But if you are patient, you can find people.

There are also groups in chat apps like kik with rooms focused on roleplay where you may find people to rp with.

a bit of both maybe? i'd like to do a scene with someone but i don't know how to go about doing it... what kind of chatrooms are there?

Posted
8 hours ago, Hawkeye221b said:

a bit of both maybe? i'd like to do a scene with someone but i don't know how to go about doing it... what kind of chatrooms are there?

I used to rp online years ago and the chat rooms I used no longer exist. I have also used chat-avenue. This site can be pretty overwhelming with the number of people in a room, making it difficult to weed through the “chatting” to find a partner.

As I noted previously, I have heard that kik has rooms dedicated to roleplaying. I have not checked any of them out, but they may be a method of getting to know someone and finding a regular rp partner.

I am sure there are other chat rooms out there as well, it will just take some exploration.