Are people into BDSM books?

Ze****

Posted
I read a lot of dark romance novels which tend to have a fairly strong bdsm theme. The darker they are, the more extreme it goes. I find pure bdsm/erotica books boring as they’re all about sex with no plot so it’s got to be a proper novel for me. Sarah Bailey The Four Horseman series was one of my favs!
Posted
1 hour ago, Kinky_kat said:
I read a lot of dark romance novels which tend to have a fairly strong bdsm theme. The darker they are, the more extreme it goes. I find pure bdsm/erotica books boring as they’re all about sex with no plot so it’s got to be a proper novel for me. Sarah Bailey The Four Horseman series was one of my favs!

Thanks, I’ll look it up. Agreed, I’m not necessarily after the all sex, but for me, more about how the dynamic feels. Really interested in that, which (hopefully) books can convey.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Zenlife said:

Thanks, I’ll look it up. Agreed, I’m not necessarily after the all sex, but for me, more about how the dynamic feels. Really interested in that, which (hopefully) books can convey.

One of the best representations of a dynamic I've ever read was in a story published on an app called Radish fiction. It's free to sign up, and you can either wait for episodes to release for free or buy coins to read them quicker. It was AMAZING and such a well done depiction of how it all develops from start to finish, with some seriously hot sex in there too. It's a little slow burn, but absolutely brilliant at showing the shift between the bedroom dynamic and the relationship outside of that. Well worth a read. I am absolutely in love with the male character and it's my dream relationship!!!

radishfiction*/stories/8215 (the link is actually pretty useless so better to download the app and try to find it that way if you want to read it!)

Edited by FETMOD-TF
*External link removed
Posted
Are you referring to novels or information books? I have read several of the latter but none of the former.
I recommend the following:
The New Topping book
The New Bottoming book
The Mistress Manual
Two Knotty Boys Showing You the Ropes
Screw the Roses, Send me the Thorns
SM 101: a realistic introduction
Posted
1 hour ago, TxFrank said:
Are you referring to novels or information books? I have read several of the latter but none of the former.
I recommend the following:
The New Topping book
The New Bottoming book
The Mistress Manual
Two Knotty Boys Showing You the Ropes
Screw the Roses, Send me the Thorns
SM 101: a realistic introduction

I was mainly thinking about novels, but I guess information books would be useful too. Thanks

Posted
1 hour ago, Zenlife said:

I was mainly thinking about novels, but I guess information books would be useful too. Thanks

Fiction is fun, but as an engineer I am always looking for methods, theories and applications. It makes me a better partner. My imagination is already a source of delight and terror depending on who is asked.

Posted
8 hours ago, Kinky_kat said:

One of the best representations of a dynamic I've ever read was in a story published on an app called Radish fiction. It's free to sign up, and you can either wait for episodes to release for free or buy coins to read them quicker. It was AMAZING and such a well done depiction of how it all develops from start to finish, with some seriously hot sex in there too. It's a little slow burn, but absolutely brilliant at showing the shift between the bedroom dynamic and the relationship outside of that. Well worth a read. I am absolutely in love with the male character and it's my dream relationship!!!

radishfiction*/stories/8215 (the link is actually pretty useless so better to download the app and try to find it that way if you want to read it!)

Fantastic, thankyou.

Posted
2 hours ago, TxFrank said:

Fiction is fun, but as an engineer I am always looking for methods, theories and applications. It makes me a better partner. My imagination is already a source of delight and terror depending on who is asked.

That’s interesting, I’m also an engineer and the methods and applications are important, improving them is important I agree.

Posted
A Lover's Pinch by Peter Tupper highlights the history of Sadomasochism. Venus in Furs is a great fiction story from the perspective of a submissive type, Philosophy of the Boudoir by the Marquis De Sade is great fiction from the perspective of dominance generally.

I also suggest reading outside of kink, like *** by Thich Nhat Hanh, which gets to the bottom of original *** and desire.
Posted
7 minutes ago, DyingForLife said:
A Lover's Pinch by Peter Tupper highlights the history of Sadomasochism. Venus in Furs is a great fiction story from the perspective of a submissive type, Philosophy of the Boudoir by the Marquis De Sade is great fiction from the perspective of dominance generally.

I also suggest reading outside of kink, like *** by Thich Nhat Hanh, which gets to the bottom of original *** and desire.

Excellent suggestions.