Conversation: Silence is deadly

Am****

Posted
Who here likes text? Right now I'm using voice to text because I'm out playing with dogs
It's slow it's clunky it takes me tapping back to correct mistakes or add punctuation occasionally.
What's the alternative I hear you cry, why voice of course. Whether it's voice notes livestreaming or just a simple phone calls the power of your voice will set you free.
Small natural is more fun you here mistakes hear it when I fall down the stairs you hear the dogs barking in the background.
The biggest problem is that people think it's strange. text has become the norm in a world where conversation long predates the written word.
Thoughts?
Posted
I don't think people think it strange - I do however think people are more wary, and rightly so, of giving out personal details that are usually associated with allowing any kind of vocal interaction and that is part of the problem.
I do and have however, once a level of trust has been built, talk to people to, but I really don't see the issue with interacting textually either - sure it may not be for all, but then nor is talking on the phone for all, but it works, isn't overly slow and is just another medium to use as far as I'm concerned.
Posted

Yes, I agree with @gemini_man- once trust has been built to warrant contact on a platform which enables voice notes/calls/facetime it's all well and good and particularly when talking with some of my other disabled friends we've had many a conversation through voice messages because it's less work for our broken hands šŸ˜‚

But at the same time I'm perfectly happy with text chat because i) I really like having a record of conversations I can refer back to particularly in the early days of getting to know somebody, I've simply had far too much experience of gaslighters cheats manipulators and liars to be fool enough not to, and ii) voice messages/live calls (whether video or just audio) simply aren't practical for me much of the time because I have a child in my life and spend a lot of time visiting family members. Texting allows me to communicate with certain people whilst maintaining privacy and avoiding being inappropriate.