Where to start with strapon gear

Varen

Posted

I want to be pegged, and want advice on what kind of strap on to get to have potential partners use on me. Any advice?

Posted
100% go and do it with someone who's got plenty of experience with it. I let a novice do it recently and it went poorly, to say the least
Posted
I've wanted to get pegged also but have yet to experienceit, I would recommend a basic strap on, one that is not too thick or too long, but that's just me. There are also strapless options available
Posted
I'd suggest you're going about it the wrong way - find a partner who would be happy to use one first and then find a strap on.
There are various different types and ways of wearing them and much will depend on the comfort of the wearer as to the best to get so they need some input into the choice.
Posted

you can practice yourself with butt plugs and other anal toys - that can help you work out what you like and don't 

Posted
Pegging, extremely pleased with the many options available.
After discussing with people in forums (thanks Fetish).
I did what was recommended try them out.

Having experienced the use of; strapless, panty, velcro, ties, buckles, pull straps, and leather harnesses
these all depend on the body type of wearer.
Rubbing, irritation, rolling of materials, movement of harnesses are just a few of the not so nice experiences.
Personally the harness comfort is what can be the difference between a meh (shit) time, to a yes definitely a wow factor experience.
The discovery of adjustable base for interchangeable equipment has made play extremely interesting.

The size of tool
Use what you currently have as a guide, and add an inch (approximately 3cm) in length.
Why? Because of the positions which can be achieved with a partner.
If your desire is to go for a long pegging session use a thinner dildo, it does not need to be by much from what you currently using.

However, session time for actual pegging is all down to lube (will get back to this later).

I do not trust hygiene of stored equipment. No matter how we try to be safe the use of condoms are perfect, also added bonus for lube not destroying toys and clean-up.

Back to lube
There are way too many kinds and allergies.
Water based - great for short play
Silicone based - amazing for long play and wearables
as for;
gels, oils, grease, etc.
as with most things sample first test (patch test).
Posted
Choosing which harness for a new partner...
pulls straps, fabric, with interchangeable dildo option
perfect
will supply examples of why
pulls straps for adjusting waist, legs and comfort of wearer as likely chance of irrigation from movement of harness is minimal
also machine washable

if choosing for a possible long term partner
leather harness
interchangeable base for the many sizes, shapes of dildos
with use wearer molds the leather and harness movement is basically nil
  • 7 months later...
Blkm_Switch
Posted

It'll be best to start off with a beginners strap. You and your partner should educate yourselves on the Do's and Don'ts for beginners because you don't want the first experience to be a failure. I would also say find a partner who you trust. There's a huge misconception that men who enjoy pegging like to be humiliated or degraded when that's far and in between. Amazon is a great starting place to find reasonably priced strap ons. Think you should consider the type of lube that will be used as well. Water based is the preferred choice.

Posted
14 hours ago, Blkm_Switch said:

It'll be best to start off with a beginners strap. You and your partner should educate yourselves on the Do's and Don'ts for beginners because you don't want the first experience to be a failure. I would also say find a partner who you trust. There's a huge misconception that men who enjoy pegging like to be humiliated or degraded when that's far and in between. Amazon is a great starting place to find reasonably priced strap ons. Think you should consider the type of lube that will be used as well. Water based is the preferred choice.

I'd suggest caution with buying items from Amazon/ebay - a lot of cheap knock offs on both platforms - better to use established adult related stores such as Lovehoney or Bondara or their equivalents outside the UK - many of which have guides to help find the right one for you.