Thoughts?

Gi****

Posted
"People are escaping their situations by going online, usually from trauma or void by finding the opposite sex to confide in. Thinking the other person is looking out for them, in reality the other person is escaping their situation too.

Both parties are using each other."
Posted
A very simplistic statement !! Not everyone on here have/had trauma. Not everyone search for opposite sex, have you ever heard of gay community? Same sex 🤷‍♂️
The only half truth is maybe escaping the vanilla life and daily stress.
It’s not using its complementing
DeviantInside
Posted
Thoughts… that’s a very reductionist and presumptive statement. Might it be true of some people (both in the kink scene and in the vanilla world)? Yes quite probably. Does it encapsulate everyone or even the majority? While I have no way of absolutely quantifying it or knowing what other people think, my own experience and taking to people over 20 odd years on the scene and online… no… not even close.
Posted
One of the powerful facets of fantasy is that it is different enough from the rest of your life to allow for new perspectives and new opportunities but familiar enough that the aspects of being human still reside. This offers great opportunity for intimacy, trust, and vulnerability where there might not be otherwise. While what you say may be true for some it is NOT true for all. Sone use this opportunity to great advantage and find truth and connection instead of just escape. I believe that if all you’re finding is escape and not connection, you won’t stick around, and if you do, you’re missing the best part of life. That’s very sad. The good thing is, since you’re making this statement but also questioning it, you’re a tiny step from breaking into awesomeness. Keep going