Exact message date

Invisible71

Posted

Morning all. 

Is there a way I can find the exact date that a message was sent or received? 

A friend from here and I want to nake a note of our first message swap for the future. 

Posted
Hover over the "Recieved [x] days ago (which also infers the date) and you will see the date of that message. Is that what you're referring to?
Mind you, I'm doing this on a PC. Not sure if the app offeres it.
Posted

There is a way to do it but I can only get it to work on the Desktop version of the site.

After you send a message on the Desktop, directly below the message is a time stamp for example message sent 10 days ago.  

Hover your mouse over that time stamp and it will give you the date the message was sent.  

It doesn't break it down to the exact time but it will give you the day/month/year date

Posted

I will also add, if you want to take a screen shot, it wont work with a snipping tool you will need to use your keyboard shortcut keys to take the screen shot because as soon as you try to use the snipping tool the date disappears.  Keyboard shortcuts will allow you take the screen shot and then you will be able to paste into a Note or a Word Document for example. 

Posted

Have a look at your emails. I generally get an email every time someone messages - if you haven't set your notifications to stop that then you might be in luck