What is this thing?

Posted

What is this site for? For various folk it is different things. Some say it is purely a sex site. To others a dating site. To others it is a lifestyle. A world that is outside of just sex. 

Whatever it is, I would like to know what to  your mind it is supposed to be? 

Posted
It can be lots it depends what you want from it. For some it will only be a dating site, for others it's a community of friends or a place to discuss our interests. It can be all those at one or different aspects at different places in our journey.
Posted
For me its to find a partner/s for on going casual relationships, not for hooks ups/sex, defo has to be non vanilla.
I also enjoy the topics and throw my 2 pennies in sometimes 😉😂
Posted
It's many different things to different people - for me it's a community of like minded people where I enjoy the freedom to express my open mindedness and sexuality whilst interacting with those people
Posted
I believe we all have different views and intentions why we joined this site.. For me personally i joined with the hope of finding a sub/life-partner... But i think i am too old here.. hahaha.. even though my wishes to find someone are very big... but not many on my age here.. hahaha.. Wish everybody a great weekend..
Posted
For me to find a female domme who will take ownership of / control over me and sometimes to throw the odd comment in on subjects raised … Again highly unlikely my primary ambition will ever happen ..
Posted
I asked a worker from this site. It is officially a "Lifestyle Platform" with dating features.
Posted
This site changed from years to years. When I subscribed 10 years ago it was a fetish site with kinksters interested into the lifestyle. And willing to meet up … now it’s uh not sure.
Posted
Yeah, like my brother QXX666 stated, it used to be full with people into the lifestyle. Now it's just bots, people who have no clue and get upset when the barely scratch the surface and people trying to exploit it for financial gain.
Posted
I don’t know what this site is for. Barely anyone replies, the ones who do are outright rude, it is not my interpretation of dominant to tell someone he is s%^*. If your kink is feeling belittled and not attractive, then this is for you. For dating or sex this site certainly is not. Try tinder. The search game is fun though
Posted
I’ve joined the site/app with the intention of finding people to date. I’ve not met anyone physically even once in the8 months I’ve been here, so for me I’d hardly call it a dating app. But I’ve had a few nice chats and joined on some decent threads.
Posted
See, I haven't met anyone on here that doesn't seem like a bot or someone trying to exploit people financially. I see the same people in the brouse and home page like there isn't any real activity. Everything screams "BIG WAIST OF ***" so I still am only on the free version
Posted
3 minutes ago, Trucker69 said:

Everything screams "BIG WAIST OF ***" so I still am only on the free version

I am only on the free version.  However my experience is very different.  The site offers plenty that you don't have to pay for.  The key for me is patience.  There are many who come and go quickly and some are definitely scammers.  Those who stick around and especially those who talk on the forums have mostly been great.

Posted
I used to have a Fetlife account and was annoyed it had no app. We all use our phones now! This app to me is like what the fet app should have been. Mostly. I keep getting vanilla photos taken down for weird reasons and apparently every topic I try to broach as a thread is bad too. Yet there are still fakes and scammers here. I like this app but the controls need tweaking. Is it just for sex? No- plenty of people will use it that way. But the features it has like the personality test and in-depth profile questions- extra room to write and the feature to continue writing updates combined with the dungeon school and threads for community interaction are like a cross between Fetlife and Facebook. Overall I like it. I hope the community will embrace it and keep making it better.
Posted
I use the site to meet people, ideally in real life but sometimes virtually. I want to broaden my kink and non-kink horizons, so learning new ideas and techniques through this site is both pleasant and beneficial. I've played with a few ladies since joining, although I have had to wade through a lot of timewasters (can't tell for sure if they're bots or just stupid people). In turn I contribute what knowledge and experience I have so as to help other kinksters.
Posted (edited)

I was confused about this site too. Like I said, asked a person who works at this company...  It is officially a "Lifestyle Platform" with dating features. 

They said they are trying hard to separate themselves with other adult sites with Treasure Hunts, Moderators/Greeters, posts, dating features and other stuff.

Edited by kiseu
Misunderstanding
Posted
2 hours ago, QXX666 said:

This site changed from years to years. When I subscribed 10 years ago it was a fetish site with kinksters interested into the lifestyle. And willing to meet up … now it’s uh not sure.

How did you subscribe to this site ten years ago, when it isn't even ten years old??

Posted
13 minutes ago, Aranhis said:

How did you subscribe to this site ten years ago, when t isn't even ten years old??

It was started in 2004, though called Poppen.de back then - check out their "about us" page. Fetish.com was rebranded in 2017, so its still been here for a good while.

Posted
25 minutes ago, bittenkiss said:

It was started in 2004, though called Poppen.de back then - check out their "about us" page. Fetish.com was rebranded in 2017, so its still been here for a good while.

Poppen still exists - it's a different site.

The company as a whole has a few products, mostly in Germany, poppen, gays, the German version of this.

Fetish was an expansion of that - probably 2017 sounds right. I know I was on here in 2018, maybe longer.  

And, it's funny because I remember a lot in the early years - and the big frustrations at the time was - for any US users, how sparse it was - and a little also for the UK that some areas really did not have many people in : I think at the time my region had about 20 if that, and I know at least one other of those is still here.

But honestly, a lot of the frustrations and threads of the time aint all that much different to now. 

Posted
5 hours ago, UK_Knight said:
It can be lots it depends what you want from it. For some it will only be a dating site, for others it's a community of friends or a place to discuss our interests. It can be all those at one or different aspects at different places in our journey.

Ur so right x

Posted
I think it is different for different people, some here are kinksters some are swingers, some D/s .. the thing that brings us all together here is that most here are non judgemental. The forums cover so many different topics that even if they are not your thing it's worth reading and educating yourself.
Posted
29 minutes ago, DivineMyst said:
I think it is different for different people, some here are kinksters some are swingers, some D/s .. the thing that brings us all together here is that most here are non judgemental. The forums cover so many different topics that even if they are not your thing it's worth reading and educating yourself.

Non judgemental? You gotta be kidding.

Posted

Go in with an open mind, you get out what you put in.

I personally just now use it for the forums, helping others out and having some good conversations due to this.

You need patients and lots of it if you come on looking for "THE ONE"  some treat it like a kink sort of Tinder, others a lifestyle etc.

As it tries to "cater for all",  it does cause issues and clashes. 

You do see people who come on wanting  or being informed it is a fetish dating site then getting understandably Jaded, when they try and contact others who aren't here for a pick up, and get threads humiliating people using it for one or the other or just constant rejections and ignored.  

You also get narcissist's, fakes scammers and those new, who are just curious and unable to find their feet and stay wallflowers soaking up information.

People do meet up and this takes time, there is no quick fix.  It's understandably frustrating for those unable to meet like minded kinksters in the flesh, you just have to be thick skinned, prepare to put a lot of genuine effort in to put yourself out there in a good light, that will attract other sin to wanting to get to know more and contact.