*** versus ***

Co****

Posted
Hi everyone,..... this is a question that has occurred to me.
What is the difference between the two, and are there many kinksters out there that are into this aspect? .......
Posted
So for me, it might be different for others but, humiliated is being spat on an hit an beaten, peed on just generally hurt an used for what she wants, being degraded all of that but with more emphasis on me being her slave an such is that makes sense? Using more words an mannerisms, looks an things like that, an in terms on people who are into it, so far I have done this kinda thing with 5 different people, quite alot of people love being humiliated an stuff but being peeing on someone isnt that common from what iv seen isn't everyone thing
Posted
Hi there. People actually have slightly different definitions of these. My take on this is that *** refers to a more verbal and psychological ***. Whereas *** is more of the physical aspect of this.
Posted

In transitive terms the difference between degrade and humiliate is that degrade is to lower in value or social position while humiliate is to injure a person's dignity and self-respect.

Some of this might vary on the individual.  A lot is based on constructs.

Been given an embarrassing song to sing on karaoke might be humiliating to some, but not others, but unlikely to be degrading

Having someone of social standing cleaning the toilet with their tongue is something some would find degrading

Posted
My perspective is *** is a verbal or physical action taken toward the inferior from the superior. *** can be produced in a less active way. The superior can direct the inferior to do something that is humiliating…without actively participating. If the superior denies restroom privileges causing the inferior to soil themselves…that would be humiliating without the superior actively degrading the inferior…but if the superior goes on to insult the inferior, making comments…or directing the inferior to debase themselves, that would be both degrading and humiliating.
Posted
***, for me, is a short thing; - being slapped, being spat on, etc.. *** is a longer term thing where *** is used as a strategy (part of a strategy) to degrade a submissive. And yes, it's very hot.
Totallyyoursub
Posted

I’d have to agree with @eyemblacksheep on this. I don’t like *** play but I’m ok with degrading. For example, for my dom to say I’m not her equal or she’s my superior I’m good with. If she said this in front of people (especially those we know) I think I’d feel more humiliated. So there’s a bit of a line here it seems

Posted
To me, degrading is when the Dom makes you do something that makes you feel embarrassed or “lower”
*** is the Dom telling others your weird kinks and that, humiliating you in a social setting, being used as a foot stool in public kind of thing
Posted
Exactly, *** is a synonym for embarrassment. Something becomes degrading when the act is considered to be "beneath" you.
Posted
Two words (and kinks) that are as intertwined as they are unique and two kinks that everyone sees somewhat differently. As usual, @eyemblacksheep hits closest to the mark. *** might be something like, if someone insists on toilet privacy, being in the bathroom and watching them while they urinate. *** in that setting might be pissing on them while they’re doing it.

While not specific to that example, these two things definitely enter my dynamics from time to time and can be a great turn on.
Posted
I appreciate your comments everyone, Thankyou. Interesting........it s still abit confusing, but I guess every relationship.......scenario.....is different.
Hmmm ,maybe I could get into some of it.......time will tell.......
Posted
From my perspective only, *** is more likely to involve public acts or witnesses. Degredation is more a matter of the dynamic between the two participants. Though I don't think that's a hard line or rule. It's just how I tend to view it. *** is master calling is slave a dirty slut or writing the same on her body during play, *** is having her walk though the grocery store with that writing visible to shoppers...that's how I tend to see the distinction. But I'm actually interested in hearing and seeing more interpretations.
Posted

General questin here, is it OK to involve the public who haven't consented?

Posted
1 hour ago, UK_Knight said:

General questin here, is it OK to involve the public who haven't consented?

I wouldn't think so. Maybe a poor example. Replace grocery store with sex club...

Posted

Oh yea! Love and hate relationship with it. I think the main difference is the obvious one. Humility being the display of *** in front of others/ or alone. And degrading being the act of. If I was humiliating a partner it would be more of the wrinte on them with markers mess up hair *** to do unpleasant things for them. If I was degrading, I would more just give the verbal *** with a side of a glowing red a** and the occasional face smack.

Posted
*** is making you lie in a muddy puddle. *** is making you lie in a muddy puddle with an audience.
Posted
6 hours ago, OwnerOfU said:
*** is making you lie in a muddy puddle. *** is making you lie in a muddy puddle with an audience.

I believe this is the most accurate highlighting of the distinction between the two. *** requires 2 people, whereas *** can be accomplished alone

Posted
Ohh yes ! I get it now......Thankyou 😘
So interesting and Thankyou for all your interest/ feedback x
Posted

I think for me, in summary, *** is more like embarrassment, *** is more like dehumanising.

So you may feel humiliated by having to clear up my cum from another's pussy; if I choose who is allowed to fuck you or I use you as furniture then that's ***.

However, the overriding consideration is how each action makes you feel.  For some, being made to stand naked in front of me, hands on head and very exposed would be humiliating.  For others, they would love to show off their bodies and it may be a turn-on for a very different reason,

Posted
*** is less about the physical and more about the mental/emotional response to an action or activity. *** is more about the physical act or scene. At least this is how I see it…
Take, for instance, being completely naked, placed in a spread position in a public setting and commanded to acknowledge everyone that passes you by. For many, that is humiliating. Add to the same scene those other people can touch you or pour liquid on you….

I find that *** applies the mental stressors and *** the physical ones. But, that is all open to interpretation and specifically, open communication between you and your partner(s).
Posted
So, as a guy who likes the idea of a promiscuous partner, *** is when you're talked down to, where *** ( hot), is when they are in involving you and obviously making your involvement the priority.

*** is when they do things to hurt you.