Favorite music

Posted

Jimi - he is the one that comes along once in a thousand lifetimes and stays but a too-short time.  Just tried to send you a personal message but we can't send to new members as we haven't got a premium membership, but if you'd like to send us one for company, correspondence and exchange of news and reviews as you start your journey, feel free to send us one. Your profile is  sweet and honest.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Neil Young

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

After The Goldrush

Harvest

Journey Through The Past

Time Fades Away

On The Beach

Tonight's The Night

Zuma

Long May You Run

Hawks and Doves

:hearts_around:

Posted

Surprised that no one mentioned Pink Floyd.  Excellent music, and heavy on the social commentary.

However, for good mood music during play sessions, check out "Switchblade Symphony".  At least, that's my taste.

Posted
On 11/20/2019 at 12:35 PM, phoenyx said:

Surprised that no one mentioned Pink Floyd.  Excellent music, and heavy on the social commentary.

'Interstellar Overdrive' and....'Set The Controls For The Heart of the Sun' :thumbsup:

Posted

Yes, there are gas lines.  I also forgot to mention the streets and boulevards.  As for the Empire, The Emperor has decided to retire.

Yes, I was pretty silly last night.  I had just spent the entire day dishing advice on this site's PM channels.  So, I was pretty emotionally whacked-out on an endorphin/chemo cocktail.  Ah, the good ol' days.

Posted

Oops, sorry.  Replied to the wrong thread.  To many tabs open on my browser.  That reply was actually meant for the "Exploring My Kinks" thread.  I'm just f'ing-up by the numbers today.

Posted

Hey Vandalslut.  Refreshing to see that someone else appreciates Pink Floyd's early stuff.  "Set The Controls For the Heart of the Sun" was the song that caused me to run-out and buy the "Saucer Full of Secrets" album (on vinyl, I'm showing my age).  Any SF Bay Area folks remember "Tower Records" on Columbus and Bay?

I'd have to say that "Atom Heart Mother" was good example of PF's transition stage between pure psychedelia and social commentary.  Still, others could argue that the first hints of style change appeared in "Ummagumma".  The change was definitely well on its way by "Meddle".

Surprising how many so-called PF fans have never heard of anything prior to "Dark Side of the Moon".

This isn't necessarily a favorite PF song.  But, I can't help viewing "Welcome to the Machine" (off the "Wish You Were Here" album) as a metaphor for my former life in the scene.  It speaks to my memories in a way that gives me chills.

Posted

Top fave PF - Relics.  I like every song on that album  And....Piper At The Gates of Dawn.  Funny how so many people think that before 'Dark Side of the Moon' there was a Floydless void.  I've even had the reaction, "What?  They did OTHER albums?" Enough to launch one on a three-state killing spree. 'Welcome to the Machine' IS chilling. As in, spine-tingle-sort. We snaffled a PF dvd for bugger-all at our local market, "Live at Pompeii" - what a dead-set blast.  PF playing in the ancient Roman ruins, with Vesuvius in the background...and discussing the upcoming new album, Dark Side of the Moon....

Posted

I'll have watch for "Live at Pompeii" on Amazon.  Just checked---yes, they have an all-region copy.  A bit pricey though, at 30 US$.  Last time I saw "Live at Pompeii" was back in the 80's, at a midnight movie fest.

As for limited PF knowledge, the local "classic rock" station seems to think the only two PF albums are "Dark Side of the Moon", and "The Wall".

On a side note, I have been rather surprised at how much BDSM gear is featured on Amazon.  Etsy and Ebay I can see.  But, I just didn't picture this as Amazon's style.  I guess, anything for a buck.

Posted

Check out fishpond, it's on sale there for about $13 AUD :)  Seems to be one on ebay as well for about $15 AUD.  And it's got its on wikipedia page.  We found ours new among the 3 for 10.00 offers at the market stall.  The production is really, really apex, both sound and vision.

Posted

I still have my VHS copy of Live at Pompeii sitting pretty on my shelves... been a while since I dusted it off though!!

Posted
6 minutes ago, Aranhis said:

I still have my VHS copy of Live at Pompeii sitting pretty on my shelves... been a while since I dusted it off though!!

Wow, dust it off and take the trip!

Posted

Child of the 70's and was *** fed Gene Pitney and Englebert Humperdinck, not my cuppa tea, I shall blame my mother for poor choice of music, haha.

My sorta music is 70's, some 80's, Queen, Avicii (rip) and Post Malone.

Posted

Faves from the decades:

60s - Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Doors, Motown, Beach Boys

70s - Springs***, Led Zeppelin, Earth Wind & Fire, ELO, Eagles, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith,             Yes, Billy Joel, Neil Diamond, Queen, Elton John

80s - U2, Prince, B-52s

90s - Pearl Jam         2000s - Foo Fighters, Sheryl Crow

OLDIES - Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole

Posted
5 minutes ago, JamesMichael said:

60s - Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Doors, Motown, Beach Boys

70s - Springs***, Led Zeppelin, Earth Wind & Fire, ELO, Eagles, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith,             Yes, Billy Joel, Neil Diamond, Queen, Elton John

80s - U2, Prince, B-52s

90s - Pearl Jam         2000s - Foo Fighters, Sheryl Crow

OLDIES - Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole

Love all this - and love the pic as well!  Mad KISS fans here. Particular devotee of Gene. :urock: