Being harassed as a fake profile

MirandaGrey

MirandaGrey
Posted (edited)

I want to call attention to a problem that is currently occurring.

Yesterday, I took down my face photo and replaced it with a body shot that doesn't show my face.  I'm married, and it seemed wiser to put my face photo private.  Since then, I have received harassing messages from a member accusing me of being a fake profile/a "mate" masquerading as a woman.  He posts messages under my profile photo saying "mute", "are you fake", "how's it going masquerading, mate?"  I delete them, and he reposts them.  Yes, I know I can block him, but if I did that, I thought that would only rein*** his idea that I am not real.  I have asked him repeatedly to leave me alone, and he won't.  He challenges me to prove that I am a female while having no photo of his own on his profile.  Just because I'm woman, I don't want to have to jump through hoops if a guy accuses me of being fake.  I'm not buying a premium membership because I don't want it to appear on our credit card statement, so I can't truly verify my account. 

People with fetishes can look like ANYONE!  Why can't they look like me? 

Has anyone else experienced something like this?  I read Fetish.com's policy saying they don't get involved in harassment, but it is a problem that I at least wanted to address publicly.  Thank you in advance for your thoughts on this. 

Edited by MirandaGrey
change in punctuation
Posted

Hi @MirandaGrey, sorry to read this.  We at Fetish.com do take action if there are instances of harassment, what we don't get involved in is personal disputes between users.  There are a number of ways we can stop harassment.  First is reporting the profile.  I can't stress this enough - it's vital that it's brought to our attention. Regardless of whether or not you think it would rein*** this persons idea that you're not real, this isn't the issue - this person could be doing the same to other users, so again, it's vital that we know about it.  Also, after you've reported this user, block the user from approaching you again, by selecting 'ignore'.

Additionally, you don't need a paid membership to verify your profile, this is free and anyone can do it.  While any genuine user like yourself shouldn't have to prove to anyone that you're real, it certainly helps and inspires other genuine users to do the same and weeds out the people that are not on the platform for the right reasons. Please see our FAQ on how to verify your profile.  

For extra help, see our FAQ on how to deal with abusive members.  But lastly, please report this user to us.  You can do it via the profile of the user in question, or better still, send our support team a message, this is accessible from the FAQ links I attached above.  Click on 'Submit a ticket' at the top right of the screen.  We can take it from there.  :) 

MirandaGrey
Posted

Thank you so much for your helpful response.  Where do I upload the selfie to?  Do I just upload it as part of my private profile photos?  Then after it is verified, I can delete it?

Posted

Hi @MirandaGrey, I've attached the screenshot below as to where you can verify.  Simply follow the instructions.  As said in the FAQ on how to verify your profile, your verification photo is for internal purposes only. It is supplied to us internally and is stored on our servers for as long as you keep your profile with us. It won't be accessible for third parties or disclosed under any circumstances.  Hope that helps. 

Screenshot 2019-07-10 at 12.51.43.png

Posted

So sorry you are being harrassed.I've found being honest with myself is such a release it's a great weight off my shoulders to say to the world who i am.Love yourself honey,but you have no reason to accept other people's nastiness.Be you.x

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

I get this quite often too, again, like you because I don't have a public face pic up, but I've been verified and have multiple friends here I've met in real life, I don't let it bother me anymore.

I know I'm real, Fetish.com knows I'm real, I couldn't care less if some troll.. incidentally usually one with no pictures of their own at all, and an empty 'hit me up' type profile thinks otherwise. I'd recommend changing your message settings, these people usually move on very quickly..I had one harassing me for weeks saying I was a failing sex worker, every time I blocked him he'd just create a new profile, offering PayPal and bitcoin and generally just being a douche, making myself contactable only by verified members solved that.

Edited by MzJax
Spelling
  • 5 weeks later...
Posted

I had this experience too. And I have a face profile pic. Apparently no real person would have written a profile like mine and I was therefore clear fake 🤷‍♀️🤦

They obviously then reported me as a fake because my access to the website was 5 mins later locked and I had to do a ***d verification. I of course did this and was eventually allowed back in the site. Seriously don't know what's wrong with some people. If you think I'm fake move on 🤷‍♀️ I could understand it if I'd messaged him first but he messaged me and got annoyed I wouldn't give him my political views. So odd. 

• 1 year later...
Posted
On 7/9/2019 at 7:30 PM, leocadio said:

Hi @MirandaGrey, sorry to read this.  We at Fetish.com do take action if there are instances of harassment, what we don't get involved in is personal disputes between users.  There are a number of ways we can stop harassment.  First is reporting the profile.  I can't stress this enough - it's vital that it's brought to our attention. Regardless of whether or not you think it would rein*** this persons idea that you're not real, this isn't the issue - this person could be doing the same to other users, so again, it's vital that we know about it.  Also, after you've reported this user, block the user from approaching you again, by selecting 'ignore'.

Additionally, you don't need a paid membership to verify your profile, this is free and anyone can do it.  While any genuine user like yourself shouldn't have to prove to anyone that you're real, it certainly helps and inspires other genuine users to do the same and weeds out the people that are not on the platform for the right reasons. Please see our FAQ on how to verify your profile.  

For extra help, see our FAQ on how to deal with abusive members.  But lastly, please report this user to us.  You can do it via the profile of the user in question, or better still, send our support team a message, this is accessible from the FAQ links I attached above.  Click on 'Submit a ticket' at the top right of the screen.  We can take it from there.  :) 

I too had this issue saying the exact same things to me, even though I have a face pic and I am verified (twice verified because i verified myself when I joined and the site decided it would randomly choose me for verification and lock my out for 12 hours while my photo was being verified!). I reported the profile but nothing has been done about this member.  It seems that this site allows bullying.  

Posted

Hi @CherryP please DM me directly pls.  Bullying isn't tolerated.  Thx.