Question for the writers

Posted

I have this idea for a book. But the story and how I want to write it keeps changing in my head. I'm  so excited to write it.

How do you know which way you want to go? 

Posted

I don't really write stories, I lean towards poetry or just scribbling my thoughts down but for me writing just happens. I start with a line, or a feeling and just type. The rest just kinda appears.

There is a huge part of me that thinks no one wants to read what I write but I'm learning that's not true.

(Btw, couldn't find where you mentioned novels involving mythology.. try the House of Night series.. young adult but pretty good)

Posted
I use a technique called "The Seed". I did not work for everyone, and I am still unsure if I came up with the name for the concept or not, but basically just start with one word or one sentence. Let your heart flow onto the paper and allow your passion to drive your hand, not your head.
Posted
15 minutes ago, LazyPiratesBounty said:

I don't really write stories, I lean towards poetry or just scribbling my thoughts down but for me writing just happens. I start with a line, or a feeling and just type. The rest just kinda appears.

There is a huge part of me that thinks no one wants to read what I write but I'm learning that's not true.

(Btw, couldn't find where you mentioned novels involving mythology.. try the House of Night series.. young adult but pretty good)

Your writing is really good.

Love house of night series however I have to read it all over again because it's  a few years since I read it. I was waiting for the next book to come out

Posted
6 minutes ago, DanteReign said:

I use a technique called "The Seed". I did not work for everyone, and I am still unsure if I came up with the name for the concept or not, but basically just start with one word or one sentence. Let your heart flow onto the paper and allow your passion to drive your hand, not your head.

I'm  just getting back into writing and using this forum to practice  just for that reason. I get to caught up in my head sometimes  and it just ruins the joy I get out of writing

Posted

Well just keep practising

Posted
1 minute ago, SweetPea1984 said:

Your writing is really good.

Love house of night series however I have to read it all over again because it's  a few years since I read it. I was waiting for the next book to come out

Thank you so much... 

If you like House of Night, I think you'd like that other series, Fallen.

Posted
3 minutes ago, LazyPiratesBounty said:

Thank you so much... 

If you like House of Night, I think you'd like that other series, Fallen.

I think I've  watch the first movie but I bet it's better as a book. I'm  a huge movie buff too but I get more out of reading. I just starts reading  throne of glass which seems pretty good. I love e books in my hometown  library. I'm  going through a hook every two days so it was getting expensive  to keep buying books

Posted

I used to have a bookshop, still have about 3,000 books at my ex's place. I still adore physical books, the feel, the smell... used to swear I'd never read an e-book. 

How do you read in a bath with a kindle?? (Carefully, as it happens) but yeah, you can have hundreds of books.. in one easy place.

Posted

I’m 💯 a pantser I just write what comes to me and edit when it’s done. It’s worked or me so far (published x 6) 

I also reuse to allow my head to focus on more than one story at a time.  As im writing one and an idea comes for another one I jot as much as I can into my “idea notebook” and if the story becomes such that it’s filling multiple pages in my notebook it’s gets its own notebook and once the ideas keep coming eventually I’ll sit down and type it 

I also give myself quiet space once a week to write.  I’m juggling a lot right now so publishing another  book right now is not my priority but at least once a week I sit in Starbucks in the very very early morning(5:30a) and write. 

Posted
1 hour ago, AllisonWonderland said:

I’m 💯 a pantser I just write what comes to me and edit when it’s done. It’s worked or me so far (published x 6) 

I also reuse to allow my head to focus on more than one story at a time.  As im writing one and an idea comes for another one I jot as much as I can into my “idea notebook” and if the story becomes such that it’s filling multiple pages in my notebook it’s gets its own notebook and once the ideas keep coming eventually I’ll sit down and type it 

I also give myself quiet space once a week to write.  I’m juggling a lot right now so publishing another  book right now is not my priority but at least once a week I sit in Starbucks in the very very early morning(5:30a) and write. 

I really like that idea