BDSM AND POLYAMORY

br****

Posted
The problem is and it’s my experience, that everyone thinks polyamory is a norm. Its not, not everybody can practice polyamory. I think it comes from many avenues just like kink is linked to trauma. Some people, like myself are very happy having one partner to experience everything with. Others have a deficit or prefer to compartmentalise their disclosures to partners. The issue I have found is sex, if it was emotional connections then I would understand that it could be a norm, everyone has different emotional connections with other people throughout their lives, but sex and sexual intimacy does open a whole new can of worms really.

I thankfully don’t interact with a lot of poly people, due to multiple bad experiences I have been turned away from it as a lifestyle for good now. And I’m very happy being monogamous.
Posted
20 hours ago, MidlandsDaddy91 said:
The problem is and it’s my experience, that everyone thinks polyamory is a norm. Its not, not everybody can practice polyamory. I think it comes from many avenues just like kink is linked to trauma. Some people, like myself are very happy having one partner to experience everything with. Others have a deficit or prefer to compartmentalise their disclosures to partners. The issue I have found is sex, if it was emotional connections then I would understand that it could be a norm, everyone has different emotional connections with other people throughout their lives, but sex and sexual intimacy does open a whole new can of worms really.

I thankfully don’t interact with a lot of poly people, due to multiple bad experiences I have been turned away from it as a lifestyle for good now. And I’m very happy being monogamous.

This is actually been well studied, there is not good evidence suggesting that trauma is linked to kink interest. If you are kinky, it is because your brain was built to like kink, not as a trauma cope.

Posted
September 19, Turnmeover said:
I struggle with the idea that a polyamorous relationship can last long term. Maybe with long periods of monogamy it would work. I see danger in that bonds will form between partners that jeopardise the main relationship.

From personal experience I can say LTR within Polayam are very doable. I have been with nesting partner/care giver (CGL dynamic) for a little over 8 years and my other partner and I have been in a relationship for 6 years. I've had the same lover for about 4 years and still go on dates and meet new people. Especially other people to have BDSM play scenes with. It's all about proper communication between partners. If one partner feels like they need more attention or time, they simply communication that. One of my partners is even married and has been for 15 years. His wife also has a partner and they have been together for 6 years and he has been married to his wife for 10 years... and even his wife has a LTR with another partner. ... ... . Long term healthy relationship are very possible. It just takes open honest communication.

Posted
Personally for me I have a more intense D/s dynamic with my primary partner and then a slight Ddlg dynamic with my other. Polyam works for some and not for others. It works for me quite well
Posted
I the Dominant in the relationship commit all of my free time to my littles thus I have been in a long term relationship with both to the point I’m looking for a third I have noticed that monogamous Doms and subs have a greater tendency to split up to explore different kinks
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
 I am currently reading the book Opening Up by Tristan Taormino, this is an effort to further my relationship with my polyamorous BDSM babe, we will call her Poly. Historically I’ve been a monogamous male three years ago having ended a 23 year marriage. I’ve dated many women in the past two years, and have been intimate with a majority of them. I realized I have also maintained a relationship with quite a few of them. This leads me to believe that I am somewhat poly too. Therefore, I get the philosophy.

My Poly has recently invited me to attend a BDSM training class. I am not only intrigued, but I am enamored that she invited me and every time I think about it and her I get super excited.  She and I have great chemistry, and I know she has great chemistry with other men and women in her life. I am OK with this because it makes her happy and that makes me happy.

Even though she and I are only 2 months into our relationship, I see a LTR brewing. We’ve already scheduled out the next few months for our time together.

Poly and I have been extremely honest with one another, which is extremely refreshing.

Where I am struggling is how to bring my relationship with her up to my existing relationships as well as the new ones I look to develop.

Because I’m in this relationship with Poly, i feel all of my relationships need to be “open”.

Is that realistic or just ethical?
Posted
1 hour ago, clearwater951 said:
 I am currently reading the book Opening Up by Tristan Taormino, this is an effort to further my relationship with my polyamorous BDSM babe, we will call her Poly. Historically I’ve been a monogamous male three years ago having ended a 23 year marriage. I’ve dated many women in the past two years, and have been intimate with a majority of them. I realized I have also maintained a relationship with quite a few of them. This leads me to believe that I am somewhat poly too. Therefore, I get the philosophy.

My Poly has recently invited me to attend a BDSM training class. I am not only intrigued, but I am enamored that she invited me and every time I think about it and her I get super excited.  She and I have great chemistry, and I know she has great chemistry with other men and women in her life. I am OK with this because it makes her happy and that makes me happy.

Even though she and I are only 2 months into our relationship, I see a LTR brewing. We’ve already scheduled out the next few months for our time together.

Poly and I have been extremely honest with one another, which is extremely refreshing.

Where I am struggling is how to bring my relationship with her up to my existing relationships as well as the new ones I look to develop.

Because I’m in this relationship with Poly, i feel all of my relationships need to be “open”.

Is that realistic or just ethical?

It might be time to decide whether she is worth your time more than your other partners and possibly make things hierarchical. Some people think that this is shitty, but I think it’s fairly practical. Prioritizing relationships is only unethical if you don’t communicate your priorities.

Posted
Useful! Thank you! I have some decision making to do.

She is worth sacrificing some of my prior relationships. I’m a sapiosexual, and she is brilliant and talent as well as a beautiful mind. I think our minds are simply connected through deep conversations, great pillow, talk, and honesty. 

I think it will be easier going forward to introduce a new person to Poly rather than all of my past relationships. There are one or two of my past relationships, whom I still speak to you and have sexual intercourse with who would enjoy meeting Poly. 

I know this… I love and admire all of the women I have been with. It is my intention to maintain those relationships. I will be honest with them and let them know about Poly.