Any pro wrestling fans here?

GeneGrey

Posted
Two days I attended my first local pro wrestling gig and I loved it! The matches were so much entertaining to see live!! I love the feeling of interacting with the wrestlers in negative and positive ways. Heck, I even interacted with the manager and a referee! Plenty of food and drinks to buy!!

I was a huge fan of pro wrestling in the past but I have never attended any events which I definitely have huge regrets for not doing so! So, if you’re like me that’s a fan of pro wrestling, and you have never gone to an event before, I suggest you to definitely go even if it’s just a local event! Anyways, anyone here that’s a fan of pro wrestling? Tell me everything you love about it! Is it the matches, the promos, the wrestlers, have you attended any live events?
Posted

I used to be, but not so much.  I think a downward spiral for me was after the second time I went to a live show and didn't really feel it 

though, arguably, the last time I went to a Wrestling event of any description, I wrestled... 

Posted
14 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

I used to be, but not so much.  I think a downward spiral for me was after the second time I went to a live show and didn't really feel it 

though, arguably, the last time I went to a Wrestling event of any description, I wrestled... 

Which wrestling event did you went? Maybe you set your expectations a bit too high. But since you mentioned you were a wrestler too maybe you just got tired of the atmosphere. Working at a job for a long period of time can make you sick of going there.

Posted
1 hour ago, GeneGrey said:

Which wrestling event did you went? Maybe you set your expectations a bit too high. But since you mentioned you were a wrestler too maybe you just got tired of the atmosphere. Working at a job for a long period of time can make you sick of going there.

oh, I don't wrestle as a job ;)

So I'm going back a fair few years, but I went to WWE Insurrection - and that was a lot of fun (apart from all the smoke lingering in the area of the arena we were in) and a year or two later I went to the 'Wrestlemania Revenge' Tour - which is more house shows, and they were running a few gimmicks to see how they'd work (so JBL turning heel) and I was pretty much ringside - and - struggled a bit to get into it as you'd expect 

Posted
I love WwE but haven’t kept up coz quality was going down but it is getting better again. The athleticism and drama are Epic!!!🥰😍❣️
Posted
13 hours ago, MarsSub-lg said:
I love WwE but haven’t kept up coz quality was going down but it is getting better again. The athleticism and drama are Epic!!!🥰😍❣️

I think it has always been the storylines that I have been disappointed with throughout the years. The athleticism while is not their best it is their strongest attribute that makes it worth watching sometimes. I haven’t kept an eye on their stuff much but really was a fan of their older material mainly because of the storylines. I don’t have cable or streaming services to watch wrestling anymore.

Posted
8 hours ago, andrewwe said:
I was at summer slam 92 in London
Was great day out

I never knew they had SummerSlam at London. interesting, know that WWE has their UK exclusive pay-per-views like Rebellion and Insurrection but those pay-per-views weren’t canon in storylines they were just house show matches. Any memorable moments you remembered from that event?

Posted
New Japan Pro-Wrestling, Major league, ROH and AEW consume far too many hours of my spare time.
I was at a wwe event in Dublin when Chris Benoit was Champion,
Seen a few impact shows and got to meet and greets there and a few nice pics from it.
Seen a number of Dublin native OTT(Over the Top) wrestling shows and managed a few nice shots from those including a match between Wil Ospreay and Ricochet.