Where all the Bikers at?

YorkshireBiker

YorkshireBiker
Posted

There must be a few bikers on here which is something nice to have in common to start a chat about.

What you all riding? 

Currently on a Yamaha XV950R with a non running Kawasaki GPz750 sat in the garage.

Profile picture still shows my old XJR1300 but I came off that last May and traded her in a few months ago. 

Posted
Not a biker but been on the back of a few and love it. I came close to taking my test but didn’t get round to it and now I have kids so that’s that. Can’t beat the sound of a Harley 👌👌
Posted
Hell yea bro ride till you die. Own 89 soft tail with springer front end and a 2002 sportster 1200.
YorkshireBiker
Posted
1 hour ago, centralpark said:

Not a biker but been on the back of a few and love it. I came close to taking my test but didn’t get round to it and now I have kids so that’s that. Can’t beat the sound of a Harley 👌👌

I didn’t get round to taking my test until I’d had my kid, never too late as they say. 

YorkshireBiker
Posted
1 hour ago, Fet-This said:

Fazer 6!
I had a proper chopped GPZ750 until about 4 years ago - it was a bit of a *** pit 😂😂

I am tempted to turn mine into a rat chop if I ever get round to getting her running..

Posted
1 minute ago, YorkshireBiker said:

I didn’t get round to taking my test until I’d had my kid, never too late as they say. 

True but I don’t think I’d get much chance to ride out because I’d have to hire a babysitter. There’s nothing like it though, except for riding horses at speed which is even better.

YorkshireBiker
Posted
1 minute ago, centralpark said:

True but I don’t think I’d get much chance to ride out because I’d have to hire a babysitter. There’s nothing like it though, except for riding horses at speed which is even better.

I just noticed the horse pic in your profile. I often wonder how the feeling would compare to riding a bike.

Posted
6 minutes ago, YorkshireBiker said:

I just noticed the horse pic in your profile. I often wonder how the feeling would compare to riding a bike.

I’ve only been on the back of a bike but I’d say it’s very similar except horses are more receptive and sensitive- obviously. Horses can trip, spook, stumble or bolt, bikes can skid or get a numpty car pull across them or an errant stone or bee in the face.. plenty to be aware of with both beasts 😂

Posted
Hi. I have 2 old 2 strokes. Suzuki Rgv250 and Yamaha tzr250. Love my bikes. Now looking for a '95-97 CBR 900rr fire blade.
YorkshireBiker
Posted

I spent a lot of my ***s blipping about on my mates RG125 or a DT125. We always planned on moving up to the RGV250 but we never managed it. 

Posted
6 hours ago, YorkshireBiker said:

I spent a lot of my ***s blipping about on my mates RG125 or a DT125. We always planned on moving up to the RGV250 but we never managed it. 

My first bike was the tzr 125. I bought the tzr250 as my second bike and never got rid of it. I've owned it since 1991. I just couldn't part with it.

YorkshireBiker
Posted
8 hours ago, Toxic_Meerkat said:

My first bike was the tzr 125. I bought the tzr250 as my second bike and never got rid of it. I've owned it since 1991. I just couldn't part with it.

When we came to view our house before we bought it, there was a TZR125 sat unused in the garage. I was going to offer to buy it as part of the house sale but I didn’t. I don’t know why I didn’t but I’ve regretted not even trying since then. 

Posted
Miss my bikes....kids are grown up now so this summer gonna get back on 2 wheels
Posted
Have a wee VL800 chopper on the road just now. And a hardtailed 1340 evo about 90% complete. Ground up build.
200’s front and back, apes, triumph front end in wide glides. Handmade spoked wheels etc.
Posted
Hmmm.
MistyGBM is two people obv.
M : GBM. F : Misty.
Posted
At the moment ive got no bike. Last one was a ex police BMW R1100RT(wish im still sad of selling). Maybe in the next years i’ll get one back for myself. At the moment working on a crashed gl1500 wich is going madmax custom
YorkshireBiker
Posted
1 hour ago, MrSpeedy said:

At the moment ive got no bike. Last one was a ex police BMW R1100RT(wish im still sad of selling). Maybe in the next years i’ll get one back for myself. At the moment working on a crashed gl1500 wich is going madmax custom

That’s what I’m tempted to do with the GPz. I had a GS550 a couple of years back which I started to turn in into a madmax bike but that was a mix of liking the look and necessity. Once the rear wheel stated wobbling, exhaust fell off and I kept snapping clutch cables I decided to let someone else have it and give it the love it deserved.