Sunstone - a BDSM graphic novel that's worth a read?

Posted

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm assuming if you went to a munch, you could discuss BDSM related entertainment like films or books? 

I've came across Image Comic's Sunstone and have heard really good things about it - it's about a lesbian D/S couple and I'm a big comic book guy.

Apart from not specifically relating to a lesbian couple, I'm very interested by it and it's suppose to be sexy, charming and faithful to the community (unlike a CERTAIN mainstream book series that many felt didn't reflect the community very well). Has anyone read it? I felt it might have been overlooked.

Fire away any sexy comics/graphic novel suggestions, I love the format beyond superheroes

Posted
Thanks for the heads up on this, will take a look and see where I can get a copy 😊
Posted (edited)

Try Wordery or Amazon :) and you're welcome!

Edited by Deleted Member
Add to post
Posted

This one piqued my interest.  I did a Google search, and discovered that the entire series is posted online.  It's free to read, and no membership or other viruses are involved.

Posted
1 hour ago, phoenyx said:

This one piqued my interest.  I did a Google search, and discovered that the entire series is posted online.  It's free to read, and no membership or other viruses are involved.

It is but I prefer print and this helps support the industry and creators but it's cool to know it's online

Posted

I prefer print as well.  Much more relaxing.  I believe that the online versions were posted by the creators, as a way to bring attention to their works.  The artwork is stunning, and will definitely have you wanting the hard copies.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Get it. Read it. Laugh.

This artist has about the best style of conveying emotions I have ever seen (not too big on comics, though...) His characters' facial expressions and quirks are something marvellous.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Sunstone is definitly worth a read, the story is engaging while the art is really good. The sex scenes are well laid out and it is overall an accurate depiction of the community.