Location Settings in the Fet App

Carnelian2

Posted

Hi,

This could be an issue that only affects a few of us. I travel a lot, and had originally set the App settings to automatically update the location. I have since noticed that this then also updates the home location in the settings within the fetish.com site itself. This then affects searches, e.g.; I would like to be located based on my home location (UK) and not based on where I happen to be a lot of the time (CH).

I have now changed it back so that it does not automatically update the location - but is there a way to have both within the website itself so that both App and Site both maintains home as well as most recent location. The recent location is useful for location based searches on venues, people etc.?

Posted

The biggest problem I find is on how they view distance, as in saying someone is so many kms away, then on checking find they're further away than youve put down, ie saying someone is 32kms (19.8 mls), when theyre actually about 58miles away

Posted
3 hours ago, quietlysure said:

The biggest problem I find is on how they view distance, as in saying someone is so many kms away, then on checking find they're further away than youve put down, ie saying someone is 32kms (19.8 mls), when theyre actually about 58miles away

I think that is distance as the crow flies. I have found the same to my amusement

Posted

It is, but b*#+@y annoying, I live not to far from sheerness, all dating sites put that as about 7 miles away, it's 49 miles one way, if they think you'd go there at 7 in the evening, just for a cuddle and a coffee say, and not staying over,  do they really think you'd do a round trip of 98 miles, 🤪🤪🤪

• 1 month later...
Posted

Hi guys, I am going to flag this with the tech team - they may be able to work on a more effective location setting system. I'll let you know!