Blocking without previous interactions

Ar****

Posted

Is there any way at all to block a profile without the prerequisite to have had them message you first?

I know this has been covered recently in a thread @FabSeverus started and the help topics/previous forum threads have indicated that you can't, however somebody advised me recently that it is possible if you use the desktop version of the site rather than the mobile one (I use it via Android). I've had a look and can't find anything, but on the slim off-chance anyone has managed to successfully do this I'm aware of several members of the community who would appreciate the option. Thanks.

Posted
4 hours ago, Aranhis said:

Is there any way at all to block a profile without the prerequisite to have had them message you first?

I know this has been covered recently in a thread @FabSeverus started and the help topics/previous forum threads have indicated that you can't, however somebody advised me recently that it is possible if you use the desktop version of the site rather than the mobile one (I use it via Android). I've had a look and can't find anything, but on the slim off-chance anyone has managed to successfully do this I'm aware of several members of the community who would appreciate the option. Thanks.

I brought this up on another thread a while ago on how the site could be improved. I have found a way to do this on my phone not sure if there is a way around it on desktop version, but I had this same issue when I wanted to block someone and felt it strange that I couldn't block unless they had sent a message I found myself asking why can't you have the freedom to block whoever you want. I found a couple of ways to do it. If you're in the chat room and they are there also you can block them that way, also you can block them if they have viewed your profile even if they haven't sent you a message and I think you can also do it if you've viewed their profile also. Hope this helps but the site does need to improve on this as on other fet websites you can block someone instantly.

Posted
1 hour ago, lil-monster said:

I brought this up on another thread a while ago on how the site could be improved. I have found a way to do this on my phone not sure if there is a way around it on desktop version, but I had this same issue when I wanted to block someone and felt it strange that I couldn't block unless they had sent a message I found myself asking why can't you have the freedom to block whoever you want. I found a couple of ways to do it. If you're in the chat room and they are there also you can block them that way, also you can block them if they have viewed your profile even if they haven't sent you a message and I think you can also do it if you've viewed their profile also. Hope this helps but the site does need to improve on this as on other fet websites you can block someone instantly.

Thank you 🙂 Here's hoping it will become easier sooner rather than later! I've added the issue to the "Let's Improve" thread too so fingers crossed 🤞

Posted
3 minutes ago, Aranhis said:

Thank you 🙂 Here's hoping it will become easier sooner rather than later! I've added the issue to the "Let's Improve" thread too so fingers crossed 🤞

I hope so too 😊

Posted (edited)

@Aranhis  To  Block someone without talking to them  via the Desktop application you need to go into your Edit Profile and then under Settings - sub heading- Account Settings select the Ignore Profile Heading..... then once you are in this section you can type the persons user id and click add and that will add that person to your ignore list.  Hope this helps, if not message me and I will show you via screen dump on how to do it. 

Update to my note:   Now that i have said this,  I've just had another look and there is a note on the screen saying you can only ignore people if you have had a previous contact with......this is the only way I have ever done it before......so this probably doesn't help now, sorry.  

Edited by PixieDust
update
Posted
46 minutes ago, PixieDust said:

@Aranhis  To  Block someone without talking to them  via the Desktop application you need to go into your Edit Profile and then under Settings - sub heading- Account Settings select the Ignore Profile Heading..... then once you are in this section you can type the persons user id and click add and that will add that person to your ignore list.  Hope this helps, if not message me and I will show you via screen dump on how to do it. 

Update to my note:   Now that i have said this,  I've just had another look and there is a note on the screen saying you can only ignore people if you have had a previous contact with......this is the only way I have ever done it before......so this probably doesn't help now, sorry.  

Not to worry @PixieDust, thank you anyway 🙂

Posted

Hey guys. Thanks for flagging this issue – I will take your feedback and share it with our tech team to find a better way to block people you don't want contact with. Have a kinky day :)

Posted
6 hours ago, Annalou said:

Hey guys. Thanks for flagging this issue – I will take your feedback and share it with our tech team to find a better way to block people you don't want contact with. Have a kinky day :)

Thank you, you too 🙂