Best ropes, metal, tape etc to use?

Le****

Posted

What are the best materials for you to use? Me and my partner want to try some things out.

Posted

I like to use soft rooe or sex rope. Lots of online stores like amazon carry it.

Posted

Cotton-based rope can shrink on itself when you use it, making knots really hard to untie. It's nice and soft but not great because of this. It also doesn't hold tension well. Depending on how you're using rope, you might want to go for something a bit more robust. Hemp rope is great. 

Please don't buy the stuff you get in a hardware store. It can damage your skin, cause extra friction.  

Not sure what you mean by metal?  

Bondage tape is a good one to try, if you're new to this. Most of the online sex stores sell it. It's kinder and easier to remove than duct tape. 

Posted

if you lack confidence/training perhaps leather cuffs as sold in sex stores or their hand cuffs might be best, until you find someone who can show you the ropes as it were, the speciality toys are less likely to cause *** and are easier to take off as well as put on

Posted

Look if you have ropes that you can use from clothes, it is soft and may have the capacity to make a good start.

Posted
34 minutes ago, vorst124 said:

Look if you have ropes that you can use from clothes, it is soft and may have the capacity to make a good start.

or sashes from things like dressing gowns

Posted

Personally I use 6mm Hempex and 3 ply nylon rope, it's cheap from Rope Services and is way better than anything you can find from a sex vendor.
Theres tons of videos out there on you tube these days to cover safety, but plenty on here will be more than willing to give advice too.
Make sure you get some emt shears, they're like 4 quid from Amazon ad keep them to hand.

Posted

Personally, I started with bondage silks. Easy to learn to tie and easy to release. Shears would still be needed for quick release. You can usually get them online just about anywhere.

Posted

I have some yacht rope I purchased at a hardware store in the ‘90’s. It’s large and soft. It looks great and binds well, but knots are really large and can leave bruises. It’s better for table binding than rigging. It’s also washable.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

using some soft or silk ribbon works wonders