Looking for some self punishment tips

RockyMountains

RockyMountains
Posted

Relative beginner to this kind of stuff. For lack of a willing partner, I’m looking for some tips on ways to ‘self punish’, mainly for fun but also seeing it as a possibility for self discipline. I have a roommate who is out pretty often, so I’m looking for both quiet and not-so-quite ways. Would also prefer not to have to buy any not-normal implements or furniture (if there’s something really good implements could be fine but furniture is a big no). Currently what I’m thinking of is self spanking, which I haven’t really started yet, and cold showers which I occasionally do. Any suggestions are welcome, also looking for a few questions answered:

For anyone who knows, how long is the safest you can have a cold shower? Is it fine to start cold or should I start warm and work towards cold? After the cold, can I just walk out or should I warm myself in the shower before leaving?

And regarding self spanking cause I’m totally new:
What’s a good position and technique for beginners? Currently thinking of bending over a couch edge, lying on my side on a bed and lying on my back and raising my legs. Also heard something about using pillows, remember it sounding interesting but don’t remember what it actually was.
What implements are good for beginners? I don’t think I’d particularly like using my hand.
I have:
-a balsa wood spatula
-a wooden spoon
-flip flops
-slippers
-wooden ruler 
Off the top of my head I can think of those. I don’t have a hairbrush (both me and my roommate just use combs) or a bath brush, I could probably buy one quite easily though. 

Also any recommendations on making it more interesting, such as corner time and writing lines. Any challenges to help start me off too.

Posted

Clothes pins, candle wax (low temp ones), edging. Just to name some. Try researching also.

Posted

There are many forms of self discipline and ways of inflicting self imposed punishments. Spanking is the easiest to start with. All of the implements you’ve naked are a good start. A flat hairbrush is amazing for a thuddy spank and would run you under $6. While a bath brush may sound like a good idea it’s really too big to be used effectively as self punishment requires a level of control of the tool being used. Why don’t you want to use your hand for spanking? It really is the most intimate way and one a Dom will use frequently during punishment or even just for fun. It also feels delicious. Try nipple clamps which generally run about $5 for a beginner pair that can be loosened or tightened easily and are far less than a new package of good quality clothespins. Mine have bells on the end to give them a nice weight. The longer you wear them the more intense they become and removal gives a nice jolt. Edging is always a good tool to learn and use as it will likely be one a future Dominant will use. You can also practice self control by chastity which becomes its own sort of punishment. There will be Dominants next who won’t allow you to touch yourself unless it’s during play so you may as well get used to it. Start slowly and build up. Chastity and edging both make the best ultimate orgasm that much more intense. In the meantime do lots of reading and research to determine what type of D/s relationship you’re going to want. Good luck.

Posted

Ooh, when I first started out- also without a partner- it was recommended to me (to identify *** thresholds) to start off with regular household items: a wooden spoon, a thin rod (like a hanger or the stem of a duster). Those were fun times. I realized that I liked the thuddy stuff, but I held a special place in my heart for the right amount of sting...

Good luck!!

RockyMountains
Posted
50 minutes ago, Leisa said:

There are many forms of self discipline and ways of inflicting self imposed punishments. Spanking is the easiest to start with. All of the implements you’ve naked are a good start. A flat hairbrush is amazing for a thuddy spank and would run you under $6. While a bath brush may sound like a good idea it’s really too big to be used effectively as self punishment requires a level of control of the tool being used. Why don’t you want to use your hand for spanking? It really is the most intimate way and one a Dom will use frequently during punishment or even just for fun. It also feels delicious. Try nipple clamps which generally run about $5 for a beginner pair that can be loosened or tightened easily and are far less than a new package of good quality clothespins. Mine have bells on the end to give them a nice weight. The longer you wear them the more intense they become and removal gives a nice jolt. Edging is always a good tool to learn and use as it will likely be one a future Dominant will use. You can also practice self control by chastity which becomes its own sort of punishment. There will be Dominants next who won’t allow you to touch yourself unless it’s during play so you may as well get used to it. Start slowly and build up. Chastity and edging both make the best ultimate orgasm that much more intense. In the meantime do lots of reading and research to determine what type of D/s relationship you’re going to want. Good luck.

Reason I don’t want to use my hand is the sensation of my hand stinging is quite strange. Thanks for the suggestions!

TemptressM
Posted

Before you just start spanking you should always warm up the skin first,  You should use your hand for this,  just rubbing across yourself to make some heat.  Try kneeling at the side of your bed and lay your upper chest on it then spank yourself with a wooden spoon,  I love using that if I am not using my hand. 

Another good punishment is to strip naked and take a penny,  You place the penny on a wall and you have to hold it there with your nose,  you place your hands behind your back and stay there for an hour,  for every penny you drop, you can add a day of denial or do a set amount of spanks or edges. 

You can also do another couple of wall ones,  Rest your back against the wall and slide down to a crouching position and see how long you can stay there for,  You can set a time limit before you start and if you dont make it,  do 1 edge for every min lost.  The other one is to rest your back against the wall and use two books in your hands and hold your arms out to the side of you,  again set an amount of time and if you dont reach it,  then its spanks or edges. 

Of course with all of these punishment you should not be touching yourself,  Its harder than you think 

RockyMountains
Posted
6 hours ago, TemptressM said:

Another good punishment is to strip naked and take a penny,  You place the penny on a wall and you have to hold it there with your nose,  you place your hands behind your back and stay there for an hour,  for every penny you drop, you can add a day of denial or do a set amount of spanks or edges.  

Interesting. I’m assuming any coin works? What does it feel like? 

Posted
58 minutes ago, RockyMountains said:

Interesting. I’m assuming any coin works? What does it feel like? 

one way to find out, obey TemptressM and try it, lol

RockyMountains
Posted
3 hours ago, Kymi said:

one way to find out, obey TemptressM and try it, lol

Very different from what I expected. Don’t even know a word to describe it. 

11 hours ago, TemptressM said:

Also, do you do it kneeling, sitting or standing?

TemptressM
Posted

The coin task you do standing, feet slightly apart.  hands clasped on the small of your back with a slight tilt on your body (makes it harder that just standing straight up and down).  Its about clearing your mind as if you have been put on a time out,  remember its a punishment,  Normally I would have 6 spanks for each coin dropped.  My sub started off with dropping about 10 coins(a penny) till he could hold that one coin for the whole hour.  I then added a second bit to it,  I placed a pencil between his ass cheeks and he had to hold that too. 

RockyMountains
Posted
18 hours ago, TemptressM said:

The coin task you do standing, feet slightly apart.  hands clasped on the small of your back with a slight tilt on your body (makes it harder that just standing straight up and down).  Its about clearing your mind as if you have been put on a time out,  remember its a punishment,  Normally I would have 6 spanks for each coin dropped.  My sub started off with dropping about 10 coins(a penny) till he could hold that one coin for the whole hour.  I then added a second bit to it,  I placed a pencil between his ass cheeks and he had to hold that too. 

Thanks! Got any other interesting ideas?

Posted

Make yourself wear pointy shoes which are a bit too small

TemptressM
Posted

I have loads of punishments and tasks,  but it also takes time and knwing a bit more about someoone as some can be more specific 

BikerMasterNSB
Posted

Go online and buy a Tens unit. They are not expensive, and they are normal for people to buy. You can use them on a number of areas on your body to great effect. And you can even use them in public. Took a female slave for a walk in the park with one on her. Fits in a phone case. Wires are easy to hide. This one has presets and duel leads so it can be used on two areas of the body at once. Both sets of leads were around her pussy so she was getting double blasted. She loved it.