No safeword!?!?

Posted
2 minutes ago, pocketcamera said:

half the time on fetlife, "no safewords" means that they don't want to have to scream "pink polka dot unicorn" while ball gagged in order to get out of a suspension gone bad.

But overall, stop is an unused safeword. saying stop is the safeword you use,, gets you blocked very quickly in some circles

I read somewhere once, just scream "Diarrhea!" It may not be your safeword, but when that word is yelled, shit is going to stop real quick. Haha.

Posted
3 hours ago, Cade said:

I read somewhere once, just scream "Diarrhea!" It may not be your safeword, but when that word is yelled, shit is going to stop real quick. Haha.

Oh Cade only you lol.

Posted
4 hours ago, Cade said:

:joy::joy:

Or shit is going to start real quick. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Posted
On 6/8/2020 at 11:52 AM, little_dark_princess said:

Ahh the age old debate of safe-words and limits. I *** we’ll never reach a conclusion.

Unless the Mods get tired of these perpetual cat fights, and shut it down.

Now, to a lighter note on this subject.  I suspect that everyone could use a good laugh.  Has everyone here seen the TV show, "Two and a Half Men"?  In this one episode, Alan is ***d to stay with his mother, Evelyn.  Evelyn informs Alan, that she will likely be bringing home a hot date.

Evelyn: "We'll probably wind up having sex."

Alan: "Sure."

Evelyn: "Rough sex."

Alan: "Right."

Evelyn: "So, stay away from my bedroom."

Alan: "No problem."

Evelyn: "If you hear me screaming..."

Alan: "Especially if I hear you screaming."

Evelyn: "Unless I'm repeatedly screaming umbrella."

Alan: "Umbrella?"

Evelyn: "That's my safe word. Sometimes they can't hear it through the leather mask."

LoneWolfSeth
Posted

I personally have asked if my prospective sub/slave wanted to use a safeword/signal (in case one is gagged or cannot speak)

• 1 month later...
Posted

Only ones without safe words I've ever met were a married trio of 3 decades (both gotten slaves) & ever wanker do-me that dreamed in shades of grey

Posted

I remember many years ago I had a flogging session with a female Dominant.  We spent some time together and I got to trust her completely.

I took the "bench" for her so she could flog my backside, and although I had a safe word, I chose not to use it.  I decided I wanted to push my limits for her sake.  In fact she  begged me to carry on, as she was really getting off on this, and I wanted us to bring it to a conclusion.  As I crossed the *** barrier, we went all the way, and catharsis was the result, and maybe even orgasm as well.  

So you see, the Dominant often wants to push limits because it excites them, and i think a Submissive who trusts them should always do their best to go as far as they can.

And in the case of complete trust, a safe word is probably not needed in many cases.    Often the Dominant knows by the Sub's body language when a limit is being approached, and that can be enough.

Posted

If you subscribe to the idea of "no means no" then you need a safeword, even if you never need to use it.

Posted
54 minutes ago, oldfellow said:

If you subscribe to the idea of "no means no" then you need a safeword, even if you never need to use it.

I get you.  But even just a flick of the head or the wrist could be used as a kind of safe word, particularly if the Submissive can't speak, or doesn't like using words?

Posted

Yes a safesign - much the same and useful if you may be unable to speak.

Posted
On 7/27/2020 at 3:45 PM, oldfellow said:

Yes a safesign - much the same and useful if you may be unable to speak.

I like the term ' Safesign'

First and Foremost, Safewords are for both individuals involved in play.

My question is ... if play goes wrong, whose responsibility is it? Especially if the Dominant insisted on no Safewords?

I believe in shared responsibility in the outcome of play and shared input in deciding the parameters and rules within play.

• 2 years later...
Posted

Just throwing my tuppence worth in here, I've known my D type for 20 years but still I have a slow it down word and a desist immediately word. He reminds me of them every single time because he knows in the heat of the moment I will forget. That being said, as a dynamic he also recognises when I'm trying to play the hero and go further than I should and will take the initiative if he thinks I'm going beyond my limits. I do firmly believe we could play perfectly safely without those safe words but I also recognise that my Master also needs those in place for his security and safety just as much as me, as I genuinely believe he would be mortified to think he had hurt me for real. The bond there is a powerful thing and the safe words allow for that security on both parts.