Switching - Power exchange

Posted

So I’ve been doing some research into switching and have a question for all you switches out there. It’s about power exchange, when or how do you decide which role you are in? Do you just feed off the other persons energy or do you have conversations about whether you’d like to be top or bottom? 

Also if you’re in a long distance relationship how do you manage it? You know, when you’re sending flirty texts, exchanging fantasies etc, how do you decide? Can you flit from one role to the other quickly? Or is it very much you’re top or bottom? 

Posted

Interesting question, shall follow this and see what others say 🙂

Posted

Really interesting topic sweet 🥰🍓🥰

I think like everything totally depends on the participants as you both commit to carving out what your dynamic looks like.... it can be very rewarding but can also be awkward and at times uncomfortable... but as always if it feels good,  keep doing it!!!

Accepting and caring for each other and opening up a more hedonistic narrative enables more scope for exploration in my opinion. 

I'm smiling writing this and feel so excited for what the future holds!!! Its ***y brilliant!!!

🥰🔥🥰

Posted

so few really get it 🔥.

Love and respect for your fellow human on their journey to their weirdness!

Posted

switch when the switch happens.

keep it simple.

the best switch is never planned!

Posted

I am more Sub but would love to switch.  But be warned I think i would push them quite hard

Posted
47 minutes ago, Firewitch said:

Really interesting topic sweet 🥰🍓🥰

I think like everything totally depends on the participants as you both commit to carving out what your dynamic looks like.... it can be very rewarding but can also be awkward and at times uncomfortable... but as always if it feels good,  keep doing it!!!

Accepting and caring for each other and opening up a more hedonistic narrative enables more scope for exploration in my opinion. 

I'm smiling writing this and feel so excited for what the future holds!!! Its ***y brilliant!!!

🥰🔥🥰

You’re right, at the moment I’m just trying to work out the power exchange and how that might work for me. Also need to be better at communicating how I feel etc to try to veer away from those awkward moments 😳 

thank you for your advice and encouragement, as always!

🥰🔥😳

Posted
29 minutes ago, METALSIR said:

switch when the switch happens.

keep it simple.

the best switch is never planned!

Thank you Metal, I’ll keep that in mind 😊

Posted
17 minutes ago, Rave92 said:

I am more Sub but would love to switch.  But be warned I think i would push them quite hard

This is all very new for me, hence the research and questions. I’m definitely more submissive but am enjoying exploring other roles. 

Posted
18 minutes ago, Cletus1991 said:

It just happens, depends on each others mood at the time xx

Thank you 😊

Posted

For Me it was always dependant on mood, usually we would just slip into whichever role felt right at the time.

Posted
27 minutes ago, ukmarky said:

For Me it was always dependant on mood, usually we would just slip into whichever role felt right at the time.

Thank you, I’m beginning to see a common thread of just going with what feels right at the time 😊

Posted
32 minutes ago, sweet***sub said:

Thank you, I’m beginning to see a common thread of just going with what feels right at the time 😊

Yes but you also right about communication because you are 2 separate people with own desires and wants and might not always align so I'd say test out different methods,  give it a go etc today its me or you etc.... try different ways of communicating,  if one feels really subby use a title,  for example to indicate to the other that these are you current needs etc 💋🔥💋

Posted
37 minutes ago, sweet***sub said:

If it feels right it usually is 😊

Posted

I've usually discussed who will be what before we start playing. But this can take some of the fun and spontaneity away.  Or if the relationship is mostly one way, you only need to discuss it when you feel like trying the other way. As for long distance relationships its harder to switch, in my experience.

Posted

Completely fly by wire... Was in one particular dynamic where it was usually dictated by whoever lost their shit first. 😂

Seriously though, never planned and always with the flow.

Posted
13 hours ago, Firewitch said:

Yes but you also right about communication because you are 2 separate people with own desires and wants and might not always align so I'd say test out different methods,  give it a go etc today its me or you etc.... try different ways of communicating,  if one feels really subby use a title,  for example to indicate to the other that these are you current needs etc 💋🔥💋

Great advice as always 😊 thank you 🥰🔥🥰

Posted
12 hours ago, Radiant said:

I've usually discussed who will be what before we start playing. But this can take some of the fun and spontaneity away.  Or if the relationship is mostly one way, you only need to discuss it when you feel like trying the other way. As for long distance relationships its harder to switch, in my experience.

Thank you, it’s all very new to me so all advice is welcome. I think I’m struggling with flitting from one role to the other at the moment so it might work better to try discussing things. 

Posted
11 hours ago, Psuedom said:

Completely fly by wire... Was in one particular dynamic where it was usually dictated by whoever lost their shit first. 😂

Seriously though, never planned and always with the flow.

I think what this thread is teaching me is there’s no one fits all 😊 I’m going to try lots of different things to find out what works and what doesn’t.

Posted

Most importantly.

Confidence..

Domming is all about self confidence 

Posted
49 minutes ago, METALSIR said:

Most importantly.

Confidence..

Domming is all about self confidence 

That’s something I’m working on 😊 

Posted

For me age is a big factor. I guess that’s linked to experience. It’s not the only thing though, sometimes it just depends what mood I’m in. That simple. I’m on here as a DD but it doesn’t mean im one dimensional, just that my main fantasy is built around that role.

Posted
1 hour ago, bidaddi said:

For me age is a big factor. I guess that’s linked to experience. It’s not the only thing though, sometimes it just depends what mood I’m in. That simple. I’m on here as a DD but it doesn’t mean im one dimensional, just that my main fantasy is built around that role.

Thank you for sharing, my main role is definitely sub but I am enjoying exploring other aspects of myself, even though at times I’m uncomfortable and unsure lol

Posted
2 hours ago, sweet***sub said:

That’s something I’m working on 😊 

all it takes is practice.

You can practice dominance in your normal day.

I find it also helps to have a filthy mouth!

Practice saying awful perverse things outloud to yourself in the mirror!