A Losing Game...

qu****

Posted

You went online as in real life you were too shy for eye contact, and as for saying hello, oh no, that's never done, so you visit online, trying different platforms, but find here you're to shy to type, you receive a wink, but all you think is what's wrong with them, nothing to see here, eventually you start chatting, the world doesn't end, in turn this becomes chatting in private, and all seems well, you're told you're liked when you have doubts, slowly, brick by brick the wall around your heart is dismantled, but one day you go through these enjoyable moments, then suddenly you realise you do all the talking, you've learnt nothing about their life, and if you haven't messaged yourself, then silence till you say how's things, then eventually a reply, and as you were expecting nothing of real value returns, and at this moment the bricks go back in, you relish the solitude, in your cloak of darkness nothing can hurt you, yes, you're safer not attempting, but you've known this truth all your life, enjoying solitude, evenings out for the sake of others who don't understand you are actually happy, glad to be going home at last, alone, as you like it, as like this you can never be hurt

Posted

I relate to much of that, but for me solitude is more about shutting the noise of the world out. What you say is true, there is much less chance of emotional *** if you give no one an opening , protect yourself with walls of brick and mortar but also emotional ones. I think most of us have had those walls at one point or another especially as we age but sometimes a little courage is needed, maybe a risk to take. Yes it can and often does go pear shaped but how will you know unless you try 😊

Posted
On 10/18/2020 at 12:25 PM, quietlysure said:

and at this moment the bricks go back in, you relish the solitude, in your cloak of darkness nothing can hurt you, yes, you're safer not attempting, but you've known this truth all your life, enjoying solitude

This is genius.

This hurt me.

🔓⛓👑⛓🔓

Posted

@quietlysure it is a good job that your prose resonate so forcibly that they can shatter brick. 

Beautiful! 

• 2 weeks later...