is the world just sick?

Posted

What I would give to set myself on fire and burn down this moment, beginning with me.

I want to feel the sting of the fire as it strikes and rises, until it all becomes a ***ful blur. 

And the dead red of my eyes would let out one last glassy stare into the abyss of the world that was never home.

And you will run! 

As fast as you can.

From the inevitability of my torched demise.

You wanted to light me up after all.

And you did too, you lifted me so high I almost thought I saw the universe as if for the first time.

But heights make me uneasy. The higher I soared, the further to fall.

You didn’t think it through did you? Why would you? You don’t believe in witchcraft, or madness.

And when I fell from your reach, and all that was left of me was my broken bones and mind. As I pulled myself up from the floor and cried your name. 

And you looked upon me with disgust and despair in your eyes.

I saw what you saw.

And the last words I whispered before I fell into silence was, ‘I want to burn.’

What I would give to set myself on fire and burn down this moment, beginning with me.

And you will run! 

As fast as you can.

Posted

omg! i felt this SO deeply. idk rlly wht to even say. its so real! and raw!

Posted
12 minutes ago, xander420 said:

omg! i felt this SO deeply. idk rlly wht to even say. its so real! and raw!

Thank you. Real and raw or just in my head? 

Posted
58 minutes ago, Messedup79 said:

Both.

🙏

Posted

A moment, crystaline, that spans the instant of fantasy,***,longing......and distilling into soul touching streams of words..........

Sublime🙏

1 hour ago, Messedup79 said:

Posted

That was gloriously well written. That was in your head? Amazing and thank you for posting this.

Posted

Superb, powerful, visceral writing. This is so good!

Posted
3 minutes ago, Lockfairy said:

Superb, powerful, visceral writing. This is so good!

Thank you for your kindness 

Posted
7 hours ago, darkroom said:

That was gloriously well written. That was in your head? Amazing and thank you for posting this.

Oh my head is a weird place. Makes all sorts of trouble!!

Posted
15 hours ago, Bounty said:

Both.

🙏

Thanks for appreciating my words 😌

Posted
42 minutes ago, Skylark said:

Beautifully written, and very evocative x

Thank you so much ☺️ 

Posted

Well written an amazing word picture but frankly scary for me. (Maybe I'm reading it differently having spent some time as a retained firefighter, I can't get past the actuality of fire. What you wrote touches something very deep within me.)

Posted
20 minutes ago, oldfellow said:

Well written an amazing word picture but frankly scary for me. (Maybe I'm reading it differently having spent some time as a retained firefighter, I can't get past the actuality of fire. What you wrote touches something very deep within me.)

It’s both disturbing, harrowing, fierce, unapologetic and liberating ... there’s freedom on these words if you let them linger long enough. Well there was when i exhaled them ...