Looking for led lights for my m45 gas mask

Pup

Posted

I've seen on Twitter that a drone has a led light kit attached to the front of there gas mask where they could have hi or random patterns made up. That led to me thinking hey wouldn't it be cool to have my m45 issued gas mask with led light in the eye so i could have patterns or add a little flare. I did some research and wasn't able to find a kit or anything that would sell one. What im trying to ask is if anyone would know how to build one and what i would need or if there are kits available somewhere where i havent been able to find them. Any help would be appreciated, stay kinky my friends.

Posted

Have you tried googling how to make a led gas mask? Just tried it and a fair bit came up

Posted
29 minutes ago, quietlysure said:

Have you tried googling how to make a led gas mask? Just tried it and a fair bit came up

Actually i did come across some things. I found a pair of glasses i might be able to adjust into the mask and have to work out the dimensions thank you quietlysure

Posted

Battery powered led string lights available on ebay with remote control. Thread through thin clear tubing to help shape around the mask and fix battery pack to the back of the head strap. All for less than £10.

Posted

I would use neo pixles and an arduino. I would check out thingiverse, has some similar projects on there

Posted

I'll look them up then. Thanks lol I've been trying to figure something out. Glad everyone has been super helpful lol its a bit tricky.

Posted

I just had a look on cyberdog, i think it has pretty much what you are looking for

Posted

Another option would be to perhaps one already done ( Amazon have some for £10.00), then carefully take it apart, one used cold light wire??, just a thought

Posted

Try Google Shopping "small drone led". They come in all sizes, collors, and types. Good luck @Pup

Posted

To build one you would need to get the lights and solder them together then use a device to program the lights to act how you want.
It's a tricky thing to learn but it is something that is becoming a lot more common in the cosplay scene. I'd recommend checking out some tutorials ect to get an idea of how difficult it would be to do.
I know of a great cosplayer who sells helpful books on various things including learning how to make props that use LEDs.
Her name is Kamui cosplay and she has two books on using LEDs (one for starters and one for advanced use) and her style of writing and explaining things is very easy to read and understand in my experience.
I won't post a link as per the rules but if you are interested Google Kamui cosplay and she has her own site Kamuicospay .com which should have all the info you need. Hope this helps :)

Posted

Thanks mate I'll do some research onto it. I found some cheap glasses that i can rip apart so i might be able to use it. Im worried about how they would fit since i dont have a major amount of room. 

This person who used to be on Twitter had had a few but i cant seem to find any more of there work. @LexisDoesLatex they seemed to deactivated there account.