Messages while in Lobby.

Je****

Posted

I've observed members of every flavour, new or old, regular or not.. having to repeatedly ask NOT to be private messaged when in chat as they want to talk as a group. 

So much so, people have stated on their own profiles to "NOT message privately" while in there.

**Sadly this gets ignored.**

* Women get mailed by lurky men asking for sex or to "be my mistress".

* Men get mailed by 'women' (which many believe to be fake scammers), literally coming into the chat to try and "catch" someone. 

* At times there's multiple people being messaged by one profile, all with the same message (spam).

* Or just a "hey" message from someone... what's the point when they see you're actively talking in the lobby..?!

I am extremely moany about this as I've asked men NOT to message me while in there. They view my profile and ignore my boundary...not taking no for an answer.

I have to either call them on it, "no thanks" people constantly or change my filters entirely if i want to use the lobby. It would be a nightmare doing this every time i enter or leave chat. 

I know there is currently a feature to "dismiss all filters while in chat allowing anyone to message", but it would be extremely beneficial to people who do NOT want mail at all while they're in there.

Something to 'turn off inbox while in chat' would be incredible.. and it reopens your inbox again automatically once you leave the Lobby. 

Does this sound reasonable? I think many people would use this to stop mail while in chat. I hope people can share some experiences / opinions / comments to maybe support this?! 

(I get that not everyone minds being mailed, but a lot don't like it so for them to have that choice, is who I'm reaching out to).

Thanks 

Posted

Unfortunately I think those few ignorant boors would enter chatroom, select someone, leave the chatroom then message anyways, but I do know what you mean,

Posted
2 minutes ago, quietlysure said:

Unfortunately I think those few ignorant boors would enter chatroom, select someone, leave the chatroom then message anyways, but I do know what you mean,

I mean even if they are or arent in chatroom because **i** am... no one can message me at all. Until **i** leave. 

If im in there i dont want pms at all xx

Posted
Just now, quietlysure said:

AHH right, I get ya now 😁

Hope i make sense. Like if theyre in there or not because i am my inbox is closed. 

So many people are being spammed all the time. Its frustrating. Thanks for your comments x

BlackChalice47
Posted

Yeah, I got one almost instantly upon joining. Irritating.

Posted

They must be looking in somehow from outside the site

Posted
Just now, Chiana said:

They must be looking in somehow from outside the site

what do you mean?

Posted

I get messages from people when I'm chat. They are not on the chat list or was there before they messaged. But they always message as soon as I start  chatting, they haven't visited my profile either. Also the  invisible option dont work in the chat room. So can the chatroom be viewed from outside the site?

Posted

There are settings on the chat and DMs 

Set it to friends only and 1000 words on chat and Dms.  In the message settings and I the chat settings. 

Posted
Just now, Chiana said:

I get messages from people when I'm chat. They are not on the chat list or was there before they messaged. But they always message as soon as I start  chatting, they haven't visited my profile either. Also the  invisible option dont work in the chat room. So can the chatroom be viewed from outside the site?

Not outside the site. If your logged out and try to see chat you cant. 

They are maybe not in lobby and just online n mailing.. which is fair.. but annoying. But main issue is when in there and someone sees you chatting and yet stays quiet and pms.. 

Posted
Just now, Shenna said:

Set it to friends only and 1000 words on chat and Dms.  In the message settings and I the chat settings. 

This isnt fair to ask every member whos being pestered to alter these settings (as mentioned in main post) every time they enter or leave chat. 

A simple filter that will auto close your inbox while in lobby and then reopen it when you leave... if you opt in for it.. would be much better than fiddling with settings twice each lobby visit

Posted
2 minutes ago, Shenna said:

And if you leave those filters in place if you forget to untick and alter number count etc you could miss out on genuine messages when ur offline or out of lobby. 

Its those people phising or preying on active members whil they lurk in chat and message u filth.. its not needed :(

Posted

I'm used to having unwanted attention. I just ghost them and if I feel they are scammers or a threat report is the best method. I've reported a few that may or may have not been scamming. You'll never be 100% able to stop the undesirable or tricksters but you have to ride the waves.

Posted

press block and report it's simple. It is a fet dating app, you get the same on nilla dating apps.  Many people have been told this many many times, but choose to ignore it.

Posted
12 minutes ago, ChastityPup said:

I'm used to having unwanted attention. I just ghost them and if I feel they are scammers or a threat report is the best method. I've reported a few that may or may have not been scamming. You'll never be 100% able to stop the undesirable or tricksters but you have to ride the waves.

actually if there was a feature to close your inbox down while ur in chat, then yes you can have unwanted pms stopped. thats what the feature will do. stop them. 

its not nice getting those messages to begin with never mind wastin time and energy blocking and reporting when they could be prevented from mailing to begin with xx

Posted
8 minutes ago, smeagol said:

press block and report it's simple. It is a fet dating app, you get the same on nilla dating apps.  Many people have been told this many many times, but choose to ignore it.

ive never been on a vanilla dating site, ive no idea but im sure thats much much worse. 

as i said to chas, why waste time and energy when you can have a feature that stops inboxes altogether when in there. would honest be more pleasureable experience for people. 

thanks for your comment

Posted

I've found vanilla to be worse, what with all the file sharing that goes on, luckily haven't come across it here

Posted

If there was a way that the site could filter people then the site would have done so. Unfortunately, if scammers or trolls are determined they will get in. Hence it's the users responsibility to assist the site in reporting problem "fake" profiles etc. Businesses limit emails in and out but the filters don't always work. I understand an easy on off switch may help but then that too could result in less freedom and genuine people who are only curious about you fetish from getting through. I've had many I thought were pests at first chat but once I've spoken to them found that I educated them on my masking fetish. Although I agree that there are pests. For every one pest there might be three genuine person seeking guidance.

Posted
12 minutes ago, ChastityPup said:

If there was a way that the site could filter people then the site would have done so. Unfortunately, if scammers or trolls are determined they will get in. Hence it's the users responsibility to assist the site in reporting problem "fake" profiles etc. Businesses limit emails in and out but the filters don't always work. I understand an easy on off switch may help but then that too could result in less freedom and genuine people who are only curious about you fetish from getting through. I've had many I thought were pests at first chat but once I've spoken to them found that I educated them on my masking fetish. Although I agree that there are pests. For every one pest there might be three genuine person seeking guidance.

I agree with some of this. 

Im main post i did state they have an "ignore all filters when in chat" so they could easily have one closing inbox while in chat. 

Maybe its not been brought to attention before? But theres been a big influx of people lurking while you chat away and message filth. Not all are scammers. 

Ive even had people sit and message me to an extreme level of content and tbh i didnt need to even have read that.  Or people coming into chat hi can anyone help.  You say yes whats up and theyre in your inbox. To then have to ask them not to message and they keep doing it and get *** cus theyve been rejected. 

One simple filter to turn off inbox while in there will save hassle for sooo many users. 

Its very true someare genuine once ya get talking but is that mainly the point of lobby chat? To discuss and make friends.. so you can choose if u want to pm or be pmd and ask someone instead of jumping head first into their inbox.

I hope i make sense 

Posted

I've had people say they wanted to do stuff to me. Been vulgar and even insulted me. I believe in the sticks and stones will break my bone but words never hurt me. Or is that whips and chains excite me. Lol. But seriously by blocking pms you could potentially limit a shy person from enquiring about the site. The person might have social anxiety or dyslexia and the lobby is going too fast and pm is their only way. Again three options are ignore, block and report. That's my method of dealing with potential issues. But restrictions on pms could help or hinder depending on the person's involved.

Posted
6 minutes ago, ChastityPup said:

I've had people say they wanted to do stuff to me. Been vulgar and even insulted me. I believe in the sticks and stones will break my bone but words never hurt me. Or is that whips and chains excite me. Lol. But seriously by blocking pms you could potentially limit a shy person from enquiring about the site. The person might have social anxiety or dyslexia and the lobby is going too fast and pm is their only way. Again three options are ignore, block and report. That's my method of dealing with potential issues. But restrictions on pms could help or hinder depending on the person's involved.

Yes thanks Chas

I agree that not everyone is confident but there are manyyyyyy who enjoy chat and can be of all walks of life. 

A feature not compulsory or optional. 

For example

I have a block on my pms but you do not. If i have mine enabled a little 🚫 could be beside my name. Showing someone i dont want to be mailed while in there. Where as you may not have yours limited so that sign wouldnt be there. 

Its easy to block but i havr at least 8 people a day pming me or asking to while im in chat . Some days none at all and those days are bliss. But when not in chat my normal preferred filters are active again 

Posted

In my eyes if you do not want to talk when you are in Lobby all you have to do is not go to your messages 

Is it not as simple as you can choose to see if a friend or a new person has messsged 

if it’s a friend you can choose to message or not 

If a person calls on you in lobby you can choose to ignore block or reply

Posted
Just now, JenniferTP said:

Yes thanks Chas

I agree that not everyone is confident but there are manyyyyyy who enjoy chat and can be of all walks of life. 

A feature not compulsory or optional. 

For example

I have a block on my pms but you do not. If i have mine enabled a little 🚫 could be beside my name. Showing someone i dont want to be mailed while in there. Where as you may not have yours limited so that sign wouldnt be there. 

Its easy to block but i havr at least 8 people a day pming me or asking to while im in chat . Some days none at all and those days are bliss. But when not in chat my normal preferred filters are active again 

***but optional

Posted
Just now, SammyB said:

In my eyes if you do not want to talk when you are in Lobby all you have to do is not go to your messages 

Is it not as simple as you can choose to see if a friend or a new8 person has messsged 

if it’s a friend you can choose to message or not 

If a person calls on you in lobby you can choose to ignore block or reply

If only it was that simple. Mine flash up on my screen and its almost always someone whos watching me type in lobby. I cant ignore those. Id rather not have them at all. An optional feature would be great or a block list would be very long every time and maybe you dont want to pm but speak in chat so blocking isnt always the answer.