Messages while in Lobby.

Je****

Posted

I like the idea of a button we can push to turn off pms if in lobby..gives us the freedom to choose if we want it or not.

Posted

Just block them and be done with it for crying out loud

Posted
2 minutes ago, MidnightsLuv said:

I like the idea of a button we can push to turn off pms if in lobby..gives us the freedom to choose if we want it or not.

yes it would be. many people have this issue. its frustrating

Posted

Personally I just have a wee look to see what nonsense has been sent to me then X it off, but I can't see the harm in having an option like this. I've no idea how difficult or not it would be to create, tho. Have you emailed support with your suggestion?

Posted
5 minutes ago, Lady_Char said:

Personally I just have a wee look to see what nonsense has been sent to me then X it off, but I can't see the harm in having an option like this. I've no idea how difficult or not it would be to create, tho. Have you emailed support with your suggestion?

i was advised to post here... im not sure but i def think it would be a good idea ive seen people in chat today again having issues with it. its def a problem x

Posted
1 minute ago, JenniferTP said:

i was advised to post here... im not sure but i def think it would be a good idea ive seen people in chat today again having issues with it. its def a problem x

I don't really see how posting here will help ... we can't make app or site changes 🤣 Was it support who said that?

Posted
28 minutes ago, MidnightsLuv said:

There is a button in the chat lobby go to settings in chat

Posted
Just now, Shenna said:

There is a button in the chat lobby go to settings in chat

there is a button to close inboxes already in lobby???

Posted
7 minutes ago, Lady_Char said:

I don't really see how posting here will help ... we can't make app or site changes 🤣 Was it support who said that?

a mod yes. but i will take it to support possibly, 

Posted
2 minutes ago, JenniferTP said:

there is a button to close inboxes already in lobby???

i just checked and all i see is one for whispers. 

Posted

Wow, this topic got some of us salty. Look, I don't give a damn about idjits messaging me cause it's a chance to come up with some good one liners. " WHY am I not getting my nickel? I'm supposed to get a nickel every time someone says that to me. Are you from tech support?"

That said, OP's thought of a toggle feature for when you're in chat is a good suggestion. It IS distracting to get PMs while in chat and some of us get a bunch. Mention pegging? Zwoooops, inbox goes ding. Mention anything about my body in passing? Ding ding. In reality it's no more annoying than the work phone ringing while I'm reading specimen slides, but it is a thing.

I've noticed a feature on another social site that allows you to toggle whether to allow messages from those you've not interacted with. I've found that to be handy and would support a feature like that.

Posted

Feels like going around in circles here. 

Go to settings in chat limit your whispers to friends only thats the button you won't get whispers also go to your messages and press limited 1000 words and friends only!!!!!!. Also block and report scammers and their profile. !!!! 

Posted (edited)

In the whispers you got everybody, no body and only members you been in touch with. Use one of those to click on. 

Edited by Shenna
Added wording
Posted
1 minute ago, BroodyJudy said:

Wow, this topic got some of us salty. Look, I don't give a damn about idjits messaging me cause it's a chance to come up with some good one liners. " WHY am I not getting my nickel? I'm supposed to get a nickel every time someone says that to me. Are you from tech support?"

That said, OP's thought of a toggle feature for when you're in chat is a good suggestion. It IS distracting to get PMs while in chat and some of us get a bunch. Mention pegging? Zwoooops, inbox goes ding. Mention anything about my body in passing? Ding ding. In reality it's no more annoying than the work phone ringing while I'm reading specimen slides, but it is a thing.

I've noticed a feature on another social site that allows you to toggle whether to allow messages from those you've not interacted with. I've found that to be handy and would support a feature like that.

lets just say the salt is personal towards me.

many are being hounded daily with pms from lobby and ur right as soon a you mention something someone jumps into ur mail box its very frustrating.

i do think a feature to stop this would be very useful... one click button to STOP pms. not edit and alter digits and charcters every single time u go in or out.. 

so yes you are going in circles cus im not asking about whispers. i want to STOP mail. why should i or you or anyone else be in there fiddling with filters, blocking and no thanksing every 5 min when u can literally have ONE feature that u can put in place to stop someone messaging while ur in there.. 

maybe watch and see just how many people are actually complaining about this. but i think il just go to support and make a suggestion. pointless coming here i guess. 

Posted
15 minutes ago, Shenna said:

Feels like going around in circles here. 

Go to settings in chat limit your whispers to friends only thats the button you won't get whispers also go to your messages and press limited 1000 words and friends only!!!!!!. Also block and report scammers and their profile. !!!! 

Dont think were going round in circles, the advice being given to the OP is being taken on board and discussed as far as I can see... Insinuating that the topic is in fact, moving forward 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Posted

There's nothing personal about my responses. I just felt that from personal experiences there maybe numerous ways to deal with pestering and annoying messages. But for every action there might be a reaction. Blocking and reporting it the main thing. It might be a *** but it's the current method. Maybe the site might review different methods. But i hope I didn't come over a salty. I know from work how tough stopping people getting through is.

Posted
Just now, TeeJay_98 said:

Dont think were going round in circles, the advice being given to the OP is being taken on board and discussed as far as I can see... Insinuating that the topic is in fact, moving forward 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

some wont ever agree with anything ive said. ive wrote to someone to have this switched off cus im sick of it. i am just trying to be helpful and constructive.   

i have taken the advice on board. but is it realistic to say oh im gonna go into the lobby, let me go edit my characters, limits and features so  no one can message me... leave 15 min later.... oh  better go alter all these again... or itl be blocking every fucker who flashes at the bottom, again effort when its non stop. same with no thanksing..

when all i can do is click on "close inbox when in lobby so no one can mail me, will deactivate once you leave chat" perfect. one time click and auto sorted than faffing about cus of some people hasseling or being disrespectful.

Posted
2 minutes ago, ChastityPup said:

There's nothing personal about my responses. I just felt that from personal experiences there maybe numerous ways to deal with pestering and annoying messages. But for every action there might be a reaction. Blocking and reporting it the main thing. It might be a *** but it's the current method. Maybe the site might review different methods. But i hope I didn't come over a salty. I know from work how tough stopping people getting through is.

ive never had issue with you. i do not mean you. you have gave advice that doesnt have an element of "fuck sake" behind it. 

i cannot block or report everyone who mails tho. i just dont want mail (same with many people). some times its not even for scammers but so u can have a pleasant experience in chat without people hounding ur inbox. it just would make sense to close it so no one bothers u and deacivates again when u leave. but i guess me repeating myself is gonna get me shot. so i will stop commenting until someone turns this off as ive requested. 

thanks chas

Mz_Whiplash
Posted (edited)

I'd like to say, personally an added feature to turn off pm's would be beneficial, not just for being in chat ... I think its a very good idea :) 

Edited by Mz_Whiplash
Posted
Just now, Mz_Whiplash said:

I'd like to say, personally an added feature to turn off pm's would be beneficial, not just for being in chat ... I think its a very good idea :) 

thank you. i am sure youve been on the recieiving end of many unwanted pms. i have mine set to only verified and with pics etc but even at that, i just wish i could switch it off so i am not getting messaged when in there. thanks for your comment

Posted

To be honest I think this would be a good feature for some if not most members here especially women who go in to chat. I have to have all filters off with being a meeter and greeter so when messages come through even in chat I have to go see cause it might be a new member needing help, and if I do get the odd dickhead through I just no thanks and hide etc. 

But I do think just a toggle etc just to cut off all PM's in chat for people would be great for some members. It's nice having the filters there etc but I get where your coming from with the constant PM's in chat. 💜💜

Posted

There is the option to turn off messages notification in settings. And also a feature when in chat to release all filters so they could inverse the process by blocking messages during chat. Maybe they dont have enough demand for it as most people chat and send messages at the same time... 

Posted

Sometimes it takes posts like this so that mods can gauge reaction to ideas, then pass them on higher up, it has happened like that before

Posted
26 minutes ago, FabSeverus said:

There is the option to turn off messages notification in settings. And also a feature when in chat to release all filters so they could inverse the process by blocking messages during chat. Maybe they dont have enough demand for it as most people chat and send messages at the same time... 

in the meantime I suggest you set message filters to no genders at all and also 18 to 18 of ages... unlikely to get any messages while being on chat. Not ideal but efficient for the time being   

Posted
2 minutes ago, FabSeverus said:

in the meantime I suggest you set message filters to no genders at all and also 18 to 18 of ages... unlikely to get any messages while being on chat. Not ideal but efficient for the time being   

thanks for your advice but again this wil be me altering my filters every time i leave and join chat. i was having to set it at 99-100yrs before then at times i had to leave in a hurry and forgot they were on and people couldnt contact me. ive used the filter for the whispers but i dont wish for pms at all..

and as above said maybe they didnt really think about it before and needed it brought to light, means its an additional feature the site could benefit from and people have choice to make their chat experience more relaxed and let group chat flow.