Munch Notes/Agenda - FETFILM - The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert - 24th June 2021

li****

Posted

Munch notes/agenda - FETFILM - The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert - 24th June 2021.

Host @lil-monster

Content @lil-monster

1.So easy question to begin with, do we think the actors were the best that were chosen for their roles? 

2.The film is set in Australia, with an Australian director and production crew. Even though out of the main three actors only one is Australian, Do you think another country could have been a better setting for it? Or did it do it justice? Or could they have used all Australian actors?

3.Does anyone know that there is a documentary made about the making of the film, does anyone know what it was called? 

•Between a frock and hard place

4.Who's your favourite character?

•Mine is Adam, aka Felicia Jollygoodfellow 

5.Do we think this film did a lot for the LGBT community back when it was released? Or do we think if it was made now in 2021 with how far the community has come do we think it would be different or even more out there?

6.Who or what exactly is Priscilla?

•She is the bus!! 

7.The scene in the bar near the beginning of the film is one of favourites and includes one of my favourite lines in the film, does anyone have any favourite lines from the film? 

•Now listen here you mullet. Why don't you just light your tampon and blow your box apart, because it's the only bang you're ever going to get sweetheart.

•Just what this country needs. A cock in a frock on a rock 

•Oh for goodness sakes, get down off that crucifix. Someone needs the wood 

8.What is Tick's secret?

•He's married and the road trip and show is a favour to her also he has an 8 year old son with her too

9.Does anyone else think Guy Pearce is sexy in and out of drag lol? 

•Do not get me started lol love love love him

10.Can anyone name any other films that include drag etc?

•Some like it hot
•Kinky boots
•Too Wong foo
•Tootsie
•Victor Victoria
•Mrs Doubtfire
•The Rocky Horror Picture Show
•Pink Flamingos
•Hedwig and the angry itch
•Paris is burning ( which is the one I urge anyone to watch it's fantastic )
•Hairspray

11.Does anyone know the actor that was originally chosen to play Mitzi  but he turned it down, only for him to play the same character later in the stage musical? And does anyone else know of any other famous actors turned down or considered for the roles in the film?

•Jason Donovan turned down the role
•David Bowie was considered for the role of Mitzi
•Tim Curry turned down the role of Mitzi 
•Sam Neill turned down the role of Bernadette
•John Hurt was considered for the role of Bernadette
•Rupert Everett and Colin Firth were first choices for Tick but both turned it down

12.Has anyone seen the stage musical version of the film? If so what do you think?

•I've seen it twice now and ***y loved it as much as the film. First time I saw Jason Donovan in it playing Mitzi and second time it was Duncan from boy band Blue in the role. 

13.Does anyone have a favourite track from the album?

•Finally, CeCe Peniston
•Go West, Village People

14.Do you think the film is a true representation of drag queens? 

15.Now here's a question, do you think the roles would have been better given to actors who were actually gay or not, or does it not matter as long as they can play that part?

•There was a hell of a lot of flack put towards the actors back then as headlines at the time were like why are you casting three straight actors in gay roles!! To me it shouldn't matter if they can play that role and make me believe then they are doing a good job.

16.Does anyone else have any questions or comments?