Clubs and intimacy.

Posted

We are new to all things kink outside of our house. We have started working out our limits. And we both agree that we would  like to go to fet/kink clubs and bars to explore more. Our limits are no touching anone else or anyone touching us. Is this frowned upon? We are looking for advice on where we could start this new part of our relationship. 

Posted

So generally one of the common rules at all clubs is

No touching without permission

So, quite the opposite of being frowned upon, it'd be more so be frowned upon if you were touching others, or they you

Posted
Basic rules of fet/kink clubs are
1) no touching without consent
2) be respectful to others
3) no disrupting or invading anothers scene, watch from a discrete distance if you are curious
4) no touching another persons toys without permission, or while they are in scene
5) if a door is closed do not open it, the couple in that space want privacy.

If you are new ask the club for its rules and if you say you are new they may even give you a guided tour of the venue and explain the rules as well as intriduce you.
Posted
14 minutes ago, TheBookCollector said:

Basic rules of fet/kink clubs are
1) no touching without consent
2) be respectful to others
3) no disrupting or invading anothers scene, watch from a discrete distance if you are curious
4) no touching another persons toys without permission, or while they are in scene
5) if a door is closed do not open it, the couple in that space want privacy.

If you are new ask the club for its rules and if you say you are new they may even give you a guided tour of the venue and explain the rules as well as intriduce you.

Thank you for this. #5 is not one I've seen on the club rules I've read recently, but it makes perfect sense. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Naughty_mrs said:

Thank you for this. #5 is not one I've seen on the club rules I've read recently, but it makes perfect sense. 

that's more applicable to swing clubs - but yep : curtains open you may watch, door open you may come in.   Fetish clubs are often open rooms.

Posted
10 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

that's more applicable to swing clubs - but yep : curtains open you may watch, door open you may come in.   Fetish clubs are often open rooms.

True but as some fetish clubs also double.as swingers clubs so have closed play areas.
Thats why its always best to check the house rules.

Posted
5 minutes ago, TheBookCollector said:

True but as some fetish clubs also double.as swingers clubs so have closed play areas.
Thats why its always best to check the house rules.

yeah, I believe Quest in Leeds has that rule - but I know Frisk in Durham doesn't for the fetish nights (but then, the dungeon is open but the bedrooms etc are not) 

Posted
5 minutes ago, eyemblacksheep said:

yeah, I believe Quest in Leeds has that rule - but I know Frisk in Durham doesn't for the fetish nights (but then, the dungeon is open but the bedrooms etc are not) 

It was the same at Arousal in dunstable (now Penthouse Playrooms). Twisted at the VA had open play areas and rooms where.closed.

Talking of Twisted i forgot.to say.rule 6 tidy up after yourself.especially.if you are involved in needle, diaper or other play.

Posted
3 hours ago, Bondage-panda said:
Myself and her majesty are off to vanilla alt for our first event! I'm so excited and nervous we've considered an extra person or two to play with... but we're going open minded :)

Just to manage expectations you may fund it difficult to find others to play with, as most people will either have pre-arranged play with others or because you are new to scene and so largely an unknown quantity. However that doesnt mean you wont find someone to join you.

Posted

Most "open-to-the-public" fetish events are more social gatherings than play venues (though some pre-arranged play may occur).  At these events, folks have the opportunity to express their fetishes and meet like-minded people.  Private BDSM clubs (which may or may not have a membership fee) generally have an orientation session for new members, where the rules are laid-out.

Posted
22 hours ago, TheBookCollector said:

Just to manage expectations you may fund it difficult to find others to play with, as most people will either have pre-arranged play with others or because you are new to scene and so largely an unknown quantity. However that doesnt mean you wont find someone to join you.

Thanks for your input! Were just hoping to meet some likeminded people atleast, some where we can be ourselves! We need to get out there so we're not new anymore haha.

Posted
1 hour ago, Bondage-panda said:

Thanks for your input! Were just hoping to meet some likeminded people atleast, some where we can be ourselves! We need to get out there so we're not new anymore haha.

Thats not a bad thing, theres also quite a few clubs near lichfield, such as xtasia, the facility, liberty elite, as well as the BBB fetish market and evening play event.

Also get local munches, but they are not play events and generally discourage dynamics being displayed.