Picture comments (Exhibitionism?)

Posted
49 minutes ago, gemini_man said:

Can't say I've ever felt negative thoughts purely from a like - I have never paid them a great deal of attention to be honest.

One thought though - is it likes from other men that have sparked those thoughts for you? Have seen straight men on other sites get upset by likes from other men, almost taking it as some sort of signal that their pic has attracted same sex interest.

If that's the case here (and I'm not suggesting it is, or that you are necessarily wrong to feel awkward or confused by it) then I'd just try and put it out of your mind and just take it as a compliment that someone liked your picture, nothing more nothing less.

Interesting point, I can understand how some sort of internal taboo or prejudice can have some sort of role in people having these sorts of feelings. The world is certainly encouraging us to be more open and accepting of people and some of us adapt to this quicker than others.
I can certainly recognise the benefits of a world which is more open and accepting.
I also know we all feed off attention differently. Channeled in a positive way it builds confidence and empowers us to achieve great things.
For others it can be channeled negatively, make them feel ***, exposed and violated. These people may have been hurt before find it hard to trust people so thought it was worth mentioning a simple gesture such as a like from a random stranger can also make somone feel uncomfortable.

Posted

I rhink it's brave to post pictures. Those who choose to comment, as I sonetimes do, or to like should be mindful of the feelings of those who post the pucture. 

It's easy to say nothing and I often think a negative comment should lead to a ban. You'll never prevent the inane comment, it's the most some folks can manage. :jumping:.

As to the body confidence question, if it helps then that's great. 

Is it exhibitionism, no more that any FB post.

Posted
On 10/17/2021 at 5:55 AM, oldfellow said:

Is it exhibitionism, no more that any FB post.

Well said.  When you're kinky, it's easy to forget that a lot of universal human phenomena and feelings aren't special to kink.