Larp

Ch****

Posted

Hi is there any one into LARP.

it's on my bucket list. Just not sure were to go.

I would love to do magic an fairy an elfin larp as well as larp in the age of  the brave heart film 

Posted

Have a look on Google. There are s number running in the Midlands.

heroesandheroines

heroquest-larp

It's not something I've done, but some friends have. On the other hand, several of my friends on these sites want to learn to play Dungeons & Dragons now. So I'm having to relearn the rules for that, which is a table top rpg.

Posted
I used to engage in high fantasy LARP a few years ago, back in the days of the huge The Gathering events (up to 6000 like-minded folks). Unfortunately the organisers started favouring their mates, the empty field got a bit dull and I drifted away. I've also done smaller events near Dorking in woods and in Chislehurst Caves in Kent. I'm not sure what is still running - August Bank Holiday used to be the main date - and winter will prevent outdoor events in the main, but search for LARP banquets and of course Chislehurst is all-weather.
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dominantman0151 said:

What is Larp?

Live-Action Role-Playing.

Posted
32 minutes ago, Dominantman0151 said:

What is Larp?

So think The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, or some other fantastical setting, but it's you in costume role playing the characters. The setting and rules/structure are provided by the organisers. One of those links I posted had a section on being new to LARP.

• 5 months later...
Posted
I agree with Typhoon, the gathering is an excellent example of UK LARPing. To help with the googling it is run by the Lorien Trust.

If you just want to give it a try for free you can go along as a monster, they always need NPC characters and it is a good laugh.

The Lorien Trust runs smaller events throughout the UK but I have not attended them.
Posted

echo Theban's thoughts, go as a monster first time, actually most of my LARPing was done as a monster I always found it more fun, but then I liked the magic side of it the hit point system of combat turned me off the hth stuff, my favourite spell was summoning a rust monster lol

Posted

Definitely some groups in Bristol.. I often bump into wizards, fairies, and something lije hobbits in out local woods. Several of them have got to know my dog, it's so funny when they are battling hammer and tongs then someone spots her. 

• 1 month later...
Posted

I've been to 1 larp session many moons ago, but I still play dungeons and dragons and will likely do so till the very end.