How to separate a Dominant from a bully?

Dancingbear225

Posted
I would make a third distinction. There are bullies and true Dom’s, and then there are people who are dominant. True Doms are not bullies in any way shape or form because they protect the sub, often from herself, and that protective urge is in their DNA. Bullies are narcissistic assholes and are pretty easy to spot.

The more dangerous ones for me have been guys who are dominant but not true Doms, the posers who just love being in control. The key to spot them? They lack the urge to protect. A key indicator is they don’t ask 1000 questions, which a True Dom does, because how can you protect what you don’t understand?

Dominants aren’t necessarily bad. They can still be fun for a good fuck. But a sub needs to make sure they don’t move into 100% power exchange. They must remember to protect themselves, which let’s face it, isn’t our super power.
Posted
1 hour ago, Sophie58 said:
I would make a third distinction. There are bullies and true Dom’s, and then there are people who are dominant. True Doms are not bullies in any way shape or form because they protect the sub, often from herself, and that protective urge is in their DNA. Bullies are narcissistic assholes and are pretty easy to spot.

The more dangerous ones for me have been guys who are dominant but not true Doms, the posers who just love being in control. The key to spot them? They lack the urge to protect. A key indicator is they don’t ask 1000 questions, which a True Dom does, because how can you protect what you don’t understand?

Dominants aren’t necessarily bad. They can still be fun for a good fuck. But a sub needs to make sure they don’t move into 100% power exchange. They must remember to protect themselves, which let’s face it, isn’t our super power.

Absolutely love this comment Sophie! 100% accurate!

• 8 months later...
Posted
This is my opinion. If you're referring to the action…There are many actions that may appear similar and confusing, if for example you are new to the scene.
If you're referring to a person:
Controllers or even bullies are Domineering. Use ***, manipulation, and *** to exert their will over another person, place, thing,
environment. Inflated Ego, Insecure,
Arrogance. True Dominants persuade others to enact their will, inspire, are
authoritative, and trust themselves with
their decisions. Exude Confidence,
Respectful, Assertive, Calm and Secure. 💖
  • 1 month later...
Posted
Doms care about subs and their needs and ***s etc. Some of those needs are to simulate acts that are identical to bullying, abusive behaviour, but it's an act, and it's desired by the sub, and it's done with an eye on the sub to ensure they are safe and cared for and actually benefiting from the experience. The sub should feel cared for, ultimately.

Bullies simply want to make a sub, or anyone, feel bad, genuinely. Just feel horrible, with no mercy, and with no safety net emotionally - they have a sad need to truly damage others.
It doesn't benefit the sub at all.
It only satisfies the bullies unfortunate psyche.