Fellow kinksters… question for you all???

Bi****

Posted
Practice and get to know how to use the camera on your phone, the timer feature, and the basic editing software on it is the key.

When I used to take pics of myself for another site I'd find somewhere to prop the camera, put it in "selfie mode" (so you can see the screen), set the timer, pose and take 30-40 shots of which I'd use maybe 2 or 3 at most.

No filters apart from black and white, and perhaps adding a vignette, and cropping.

Beyond that just get creative, think of ideas that might work and run with them - keep them tasteful and teasing, rather than in your face and blatant.

Don't be afraid to look around at other guys pics for ideas that might work for you either.

Posted
Actually in addition to Pandora's very good point about lighting and angles, background is another consideration - and I'm not just talking about the obvious, look at what can be seen in the background - untidy rooms, family pictures, toilet bowls and worse should all be avoided or cropped out
Posted
16 minutes ago, Invisible71 said:

Don't use a phone... 

If you are serious about better photos, get a starters DSLR and practice.... Its well worth the cost. 

Whilst I'd agree that you will obviously get better quality pictures from a decent camera - for sites like this one, and unless you are very serious about getting into photography, I'd say a phone is perfectly fine, especially when compared to the cost of a DSLR and the time needed to become proficient in using it.

Posted
Yesterday at 05:14 AM, gemini_man said:
Practice and get to know how to use the camera on your phone, the timer feature, and the basic editing software on it is the key.

When I used to take pics of myself for another site I'd find somewhere to prop the camera, put it in "selfie mode" (so you can see the screen), set the timer, pose and take 30-40 shots of which I'd use maybe 2 or 3 at most.

No filters apart from black and white, and perhaps adding a vignette, and cropping.

Beyond that just get creative, think of ideas that might work and run with them - keep them tasteful and teasing, rather than in your face and blatant.

Don't be afraid to look around at other guys pics for ideas that might work for you either.

Absolutely agree with these tips. I do this for my photos with an iPhone. I then edit using Snapseed which is free and really easy to use. But the phone editing is also fine.

Posted

If you mean pictures to use on your profile here, then for me what you show is much more important than the quality of the pictures. I can only speak for myself, but pictures of naked torsos or a guy in his underwear as a Profile picture make me run away as fast as I can. 

Getting an idea of the person behind the picture is much more intriguing. Whether that's a guitar in the background, a cigar in one hand or just a smile on your face, it needs to be something that gets me interested. But that's just my personal preference.