Redundant / Empty Profiles

Posted

Sorry in advance if this sounds like a moan, or if it's been covered elsewhere.... There seem to be so many redundant or empty profiles on here and it is discouraging for those of us actively trying to use the site. I browse / search for contacts and find profiles that have absolute minimum info and no pics or worse profiles that haven't been visited in 3, 6, 9 months or more. Would it be so bad to have a policy of deleting / clearing out profiles that haven't logged a visible visit by their owner within say a month. Make it a condition of registering that you have to have at least one visible log in per month. I'm tired of trawling through 'dead' profiles and may leave here soon. Thanks, otherwise it's was great fun and well functioning site. 

Posted

Hi Paradox101, 

Thank you for the suggestion and the feedback. We really appreciate the feedback from our members and we are always trying to come up with ways to make the user experience more fulfilling. I have taken your concerns of empty profiles up with our support and product development team as your concerns are important to us.

Thank you. 

Posted

Many thanks for your prompt reply and for considering the issue..I really enjoy using this site.

Posted

I suppose something to consider is it's not very fair on someone who has been dormant and decided to come back : perhaps they found a relationship or needed a break.  

So certainly maybe hiding profiles that have been inactive for too long - but, even then, are they really a problem?

Posted

Profiles that have not been logged onto for a period of 3 or 6 months could be automatically turned to non visable. Should the profile be re-logged into their profile could automatically be turned back to visable.

Posted

Yes that's a good practical idea....

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, SC1M said:

Profiles that have not been logged onto for a period of 3 or 6 months could be automatically turned to non visable. Should the profile be re-logged into their profile could automatically be turned back to visable.

I dont know - but is there a way to search by activity???   That would demote 'unused' profiles to the bottom - if you are searching??

ps - Idea above is good ;)

Edited by callipygian
Posted (edited)

There's no way to search by activity i think (last logged in) but you can get rid of people who have no avatar as i've done that.

Edited by 3SumQueen
put to instead of no
Posted

It's the people that put nothing on their profile that annoys me 

Posted
7 hours ago, Rosie777 said:

It's the people that put nothing on their profile that annoys me 

definitely - and there's not much can be done about that.  If there was like a minimum word count they'd just fill it with spam