Events?

te****

Posted
I was thinking the same down south
Posted

I'm not sure what events are going on at the moment around Glasgow (although *** Garden runs in Edinburgh - you simply buy a ticket and turn up) I get from some bits I read that they've had a few issues with spaces and numbers - a hotel bought out one of the dungeons which hosted regular parties.

Munches are generally your gateway to the scene and I know there are an awful lot still happening and from there it's easier to keep up with what might be happening and if there are any unlisted events or parties (for example, a group of friends hiring a dungeon for the afternoon) the biggest directory for munches is the website findamunch 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Caligula12AD said:

I was thinking the same down south

looking at your location you probably have good access to Bristol, Southampton, and, err, London - there's a lot of events that are easy to find - you just buy a ticket and turn up

DeviantInside
Posted
Ok so my experience is from London and Woking but Fetish clubs aren't an invitation thing, you buy a ticket and you go. Some have a website but most will advertise to varying degrees on websites like fetlife, and some do here too. Sex Parties / After Parties getting invited involved getting to know people at clubs etc who might then invite you along to one. (There are some sex parties I belive that run in a similar way to clubs, though some require you to be vouched for by someone who's already a "member" or similar).

Another way you can do it is by getting involved in local munches (again can be found on fetlife, findamunch etc), getting to know people there and seeing if they arrange trips to clubs etc as a group (I know my local one does that periodically).
Posted
I don’t live near Glasgow, but I’ve searched “Glasgow kink community” and looks like here are something:
http://findamunch.com/tag/glasgow/
Posted
Thank you so much for your response! I have no idea what a munch is. I'm a complete noob with this sort of thing. Someone mentioned cj's in my messages so I've emailed them to see if I can attend one of their events possibly. I'll look up that Edinburgh one too though not sure about that one as I'd need to book a hotel haha
Posted

so a munch is a social. there's no play, or sex, or anything and most people will be in plain clothes - but people there will generally all be kinky and all be local. It is a very good way to make friends and from making friends it's easier to get invited to other stuff

largely, the days of the big hush hush parties are long gone - it is easier to advertise AND of course it's not financially viable to promote just on word of mouth and hope enough people attend especially as other events are advertising.

But, smaller private gatherings still happen - by argument I went to one in Glasgow - 5 of us hired a dungeon for the afternoon and played together 

Posted
Thank you so much for your help! Something I'll definitely look into.
Posted (edited)

Sex events - join fetlife* and in events there will be sex parties and etc they will be call either club labyrinth or temptations

Edited by FETMOD-TF
*external link removed
Posted
Glasgow has some munches and event on a monthly basis. Their details are on fetlife. I haven’t been to them as much as I like recently due to work.

There are also some munches in surrounding arrears of Glasgow.

Hope this help. If you want more info let me know.
Posted (edited)

Fetlife*
Once you've worked put how the site works you can hook into almost any location and find out when and where Munches take place. At munches word of mouth helps re events.
Events ate also on fetlife.
LAM ( London Alternative Market) is a good source of info if you can get along to it one Sunday a month. Check out the website. Have fun
Luv DirtyOldBastard

Edited by FETMOD-TF
*External link removed
Posted
22 minutes ago, DirtyOldBastard said:

Fetlife*
Once you've worked put how the site works you can hook into almost any location and find out when and where Munches take place. At munches word of mouth helps re events.
Events ate also on fetlife.
LAM ( London Alternative Market) is a good source of info if you can get along to it one Sunday a month. Check out the website. Have fun
Luv DirtyOldBastard

This is the answer! Fetlife! ;)

Posted

The Glasgow kink swcene is verry active with clubs and munch eventts on regularly. As others have said, most are listed on fetlife and normally have a greeter for new folk if required. Hope to see you at one someday :)

Posted
3 hours ago, couplelovestoys said:

Sex events - join fetlife* and in events there will be sex parties and etc they will be call either club labyrinth or temptations

It's funny because I thought this was the app for fetlife haha

Posted
Go on fetlife and check your answers
Posted
Use FetLife to find your local munches. Go to those, network and meet some local folks and you will get invited. If you live in an area that does public or general invite events they will be on FetLife too. I also suggest attending classes and local dungeons. The more people you meet and get to know in your area the more likely you are to be invited to these events.
Posted (edited)

Best link ever: findamunch*

Edited by FETMOD-TF
*External link removed
Posted
Usually people I've connected with just invite me
Posted
Yall think it's hard to find events in the UK? lol try down south in the states. Omg there's literally NOTHING down here except a few people hosting small parties in their private residences. Which is also rare btw lol the Bible belt definitely leaves much to be desired in terms of BDSM. Unfortunately. *sigh* lol once in a rare while there will be an annual event or something in the bigger cities, but they're sold out immediately. Idk. I'm gonna have to start up my own shit I guess. Since obviously no one else will.