Events?

te****

Posted

you know - sometimes people in the UK complaining often drives me nuts.  There are some locations which are a little remote - but we're a fairly small island where - despite me being in the North - a train to London is around 3 hours and so I can literally go to something on an afternoon in London and sleep in my own bed on the evening.

And then there's folk where you look at their location and they're often maybe 30 minutes to Manchester, or whatever - and the Midlands... man... while the Midlands is a faff to get to from where I live, once you are there it's so well connect and cheap. I've had plans fall through on Thursday and I'm stuck there with very little to do - but there are so many nearby towns and cities I could do or sort something with.

Then the other day I was looking at something for someone in Canada, and his closest thing is 4 hours - and there's no decent mass transit, so it is either drive or get the bus - and whole swaiths of the US I've looked at for folk can be the same - it's nuts.  

But, not even just for events and stuff - like - some of these towns if you live there, it's like 2 hours to the next town even so if you happened to meet someone online... I honestly do have so much sympathy for a lot of folk across the states.

Posted
5 hours ago, sonofthunder777 said:
Yall think it's hard to find events in the UK? lol try down south in the states. Omg there's literally NOTHING down here except a few people hosting small parties in their private residences. Which is also rare btw lol the Bible belt definitely leaves much to be desired in terms of BDSM. Unfortunately. *sigh* lol once in a rare while there will be an annual event or something in the bigger cities, but they're sold out immediately. Idk. I'm gonna have to start up my own shit I guess. Since obviously no one else will.

I just looked thru and found that out myself ... am i right in thinking that those parties are probably a group of close knit friends and it would be totally weird to show up randomly and alone ... i don't know anyone into this stuff

Posted
8 hours ago, eyemblacksheep said:

you know - sometimes people in the UK complaining often drives me nuts.  There are some locations which are a little remote - but we're a fairly small island where - despite me being in the North - a train to London is around 3 hours and so I can literally go to something on an afternoon in London and sleep in my own bed on the evening.

And then there's folk where you look at their location and they're often maybe 30 minutes to Manchester, or whatever - and the Midlands... man... while the Midlands is a faff to get to from where I live, once you are there it's so well connect and cheap. I've had plans fall through on Thursday and I'm stuck there with very little to do - but there are so many nearby towns and cities I could do or sort something with.

Then the other day I was looking at something for someone in Canada, and his closest thing is 4 hours - and there's no decent mass transit, so it is either drive or get the bus - and whole swaiths of the US I've looked at for folk can be the same - it's nuts.  

But, not even just for events and stuff - like - some of these towns if you live there, it's like 2 hours to the next town even so if you happened to meet someone online... I honestly do have so much sympathy for a lot of folk across the states.

Wasn't complaining, was asking how to get started and where to look as I have zero experience with any of that sort of stuff. I didn't know even know what a munch was until I made this post and people answered.

Posted
2 hours ago, tepid said:

Wasn't complaining, was asking how to get started and where to look as I have zero experience with any of that sort of stuff. I didn't know even know what a munch was until I made this post and people answered.

just for clarity - I was referring in a general 'people' rather than implying it was you 

Sir-Mark-NL
Posted
Thursday at 06:22 PM, tepid said:

It's funny because I thought this was the app for fetlife haha

You can download/install Fetlife's App from GitHub. The link's in their site. Because of restrictions, it only works for Android users.

Posted
9 hours ago, Sir-Mark-NL said:

You can download/install Fetlife's App from GitHub. The link's in their site. Because of restrictions, it only works for Android users.

So you can, but

they have abandoned it.

It's still there, it can still be downloaded and used - but the last pull request was 21st July 2016 - so it hasn't been updated in almost 6 years.   Because of that there are a number of features absent - there is also no support for bugs or any other issues.

Fetlife instead have been spending the past few years optimising their site so that accessing the site on a mobile browser is responsive and works well - they also have and are working on assorted web-based push notifications so you can turn notifications on on your mobile (or desktop) browser and get push notifications for whatever it is they've delivered so far.

Posted
Im going to one friday if you’d like to join?😉
Posted
32 minutes ago, freebird69 said:

Im going to one friday if you’d like to join?😉

is this vaguely appropriate?  She is looking in Glasgow and you're not even the same continent.  

Posted
Is there anything I'm the Area of Amsterdam?
Posted
I would love to attend something like that.How exciting!
Posted
19 hours ago, Shaded72 said:

Is there anything I'm the Area of Amsterdam?

sadly, Amsterdam is not known for having any form of adult industry or nightlife... 

no, the other one. there's more than you can shake a stick at - many of which are very publicly advertised. 

Posted
That would be tight to go t. But that is a right picture fosho
Posted
Yeah, don't feel like paying for it though.