Offended by requesting STD testing?

Posted

So for me to bang someone I need:

1. An STD test

2. Reasonable belief that the person hasn't been fucking someone else over at least a couple months.

3. Condom

Obviously I would prefer she go onto birth control but I'm not in a rush to take it off. Honestly though I wouldn't have sex with a woman I would be uncomfortable having a kid with. This doesn't mean I want a kid with her(right now), but I wouldn't have sex with her if I wasn't OK with the possibility of it. A lot of problems wouldn't exist if people operated like this. 

Posted
Good topic I always get tested before sex
I choose to have safe sex
Posted
There’s nothing wrong with the question, as a matter of fact any girl that ask me that will gain a brownie point with me
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
If they refuse a simple *** test then RUN
  • 1 month later...
Posted
I’m actually nervous this will happen in the future. That I’ll ask and I’ll get verbally berated almost for it
Posted
5 hours ago, Fairy_and_Hellhound said:

I’m actually nervous this will happen in the future. That I’ll ask and I’ll get verbally berated almost for it

then if this happens; you know that person isn't for you. 

Posted
Everyone who is regularly sexually active, especially if not with the same person, should get tested regularly.

The more testing becomes normalised the healthier we'll all be sexually; not to mention it'd probably bring the cost down to get tested in the first place.

Always better to be safe than sorry.
Posted
Yes I have had some potential partner be offended by being asked to get STI testing done.
🚩🚩🚩

It should be common practice for adults who are sexually active to get STI testing at least every 6months; or when requested by a potential partner. We're out here for a good time not to get sick or worse. Take a lesson from history (AIDs crisis).
Posted
Never would be offended by thwt. It's only natural to protect ourselves and the others as well. I myself are also curious how healthy I am so why should I deny such info to my partner?
  • 1 month later...
Posted
Just remember — kissing counts as unsafe sex as far as STDs are concerned. For example, you can get HSV 1 or 2 in your mouth and throat and pass it on orally via a kiss or otherwise.
Posted
Maybe just try safe sex 🤷🏼‍♀️

I agree with eyemblacksheep here.
It is still possible to pick up a sexually transmitted infection with a condom. In fact, I believe that oral transmission is the most common form of transmission. My way of thinking ( testing pre meet) is more of a prophylactic than a prophylactic …. ?
Posted
“GOT ETHICS?”
If the question is put in a polite and non-demeaning way and someone gets offended?
I’d give them a little lattitude as it’s kind of a touchy subject but if they can’t get comfortable with it at all… Red flag🚩
Incidence of STDs/STI’s are on the rise in the United States, namely gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia. These can get serious without treatment, ectopic pregnancy anyone? Infertility? All are 100% preventable!
Getting tested shows that one cares about people AND that they care about themselves.

Healthcare background here, I’ve seen some shit. But it’s good to know… Between regular testing and practicing safe sex THE WORLD CAN STILL BE OUR OYSTER!
🎉🥳🍾
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
Your health is more important than a bit of temporary fun. If someone’s vanity gets in the way of them playing it safe, then good news! There are plenty of other options out there.