Pinwheel + plane?

Hecate-6119

Posted

Hi guys! 

I recently bought this BDSM pinwheel as a Christmas present for my partner but then I realised that I would need to take the plane with it. It's wrapped in plastic and in a box, but it is quite sharp and I'm worried that the security people are strict enough to confiscate it from me... I don't know if I should take the risk or just wait until my partner visits me to gift it, it wasn't cheap. Anyone has experience with successfully passing airport security with such an object? I don't have any checked-in luggage, only my small onboard carry on bag. 

The airline's security guidelines say that pointed/edged weapons and sharp objects are prohibited of course, but I don't know if it would include this. x) 

Thank you for your answers! 

Posted
I had nail clips confiscated so I wouldn’t chance it
Posted

no - even in the plastic wrap you will not be allowed to take this in hand luggage

it will be fine checked in

Posted
Sharp and prohibited items

The following items are forbidden in hand baggage:

Toy or replica guns (including water pistols)
Catapults or slingshots
Razor blades
Sports bats, clubs or cues
Knives and scissors with a sharp or pointed blade longer than 6cm (scissors with blunt ends are permitted)
Tools
Darts
Hypodermic syringes (unless for medical reasons)
Items that could be used as a potential weapon.

The last one could be applied to your toy. It’s up to you to chance it. I had my Swiss knife once and they missed it at the control.
Posted
10 hours ago, Andy-5816 said:

Declare it , declared you can take even firearms on board , will cost extra tho

firearms have to be declared

but are never permitted in HAND LUGGAGE which is what the OP is referring to 

Posted

Okay thank you everyone :) won't risk it then 

Posted
It’s probably okay. Those points are tiny. I’ve flown with razor blades recently and that was fine.