Names ?

Co****

Posted
A lot of times people identify with their persona that they create here or on other fetish sites. It's how people remember them in real world encounters such as that munch of, demonstrations, play parties. We do this so that we don't out anyone. If you're close friends that's different but acquaintances or people that you are part of a community with might not like you to wave at them from across the Walmart when they're a teacher lawyer doctor as they want to maintain a low profile
Posted
I'm a bit of the odd one here, because I use Penelope - which is my adopted name
Posted
Unfortunately people don’t respect what other people do and enjoy. Far too often the uneducated have a habit of shooting their mouths off and not respecting the privacy of the individual, it’s almost as if they’ve got malicious gossip
Posted
On sites like this - yes. Some people aren't comfortable using their real name for any number of reasons, and not all shady.
Personally once I've been chatting to someone long enough and am comfortable to do so, I'll usually tell them my real first name, until that point I'm Gemini Man
Posted
8 minutes ago, StrictMaster44 said:
No very shady and deceiving

Not necessarily - there are many valid reasons that people won't use their real name - I mean for example are you shady and deceiving because your username is StrictMaster44 and not Trevor Smith or whatever your real name happens to be?
No? Thought not but by using StrictMaster44 you are effectively using an alias

DeviantInside
Posted
Yes it is, but ultimately it’s whatever you are comfortable with. Obviously there are risks with using your real name, especially if you work in certain industries, or if your name makes you easier to find by people who might have ill intentions. So from that regard many find it better to, at least to start, purely from a safeguarding point of view. And anyone who is genuine should understand and respect that.
Posted
Yes. I have done so and have no issue with others doing so. That’s not to say I don’t disclose my ‘Sunday name’ when I am ready and whoever I’m addressing is also prepared to do likewise.
Posted
I have always used one just to stay as safe as I can
Posted
27 minutes ago, gemini_man said:

Not necessarily - there are many valid reasons that people won't use their real name - I mean for example are you shady and deceiving because your username is StrictMaster44 and not Trevor Smith or whatever your real name happens to be?
No? Thought not but by using StrictMaster44 you are effectively using an alias

A Username is different from a alias. Sites like this you are supposed to use a "Username". Not an Alias. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Posted
10 minutes ago, StrictMaster44 said:

A Username is different from a alias. Sites like this you are supposed to use a "Username". Not an Alias. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Yes but there's nothing to say your username can't be your real name - so by default and logic anything other than your real name makes your username an alias.
My point being that if you truly believe that using an alias is both shady and deceiving - that you're doing both by using anything other than your real name as your username.
You chose to use StrictMaster44 and not your real name after all - the site didn't choose StrictMaster44 for you like some Harry Potter style sorting hat.

Posted
Privacy rather than deception is probably the more common reason for using an alias. On messaging sites, anyone using proper first and surnames on the profile is the easiest way to spot a bot or scammer
Posted
Thank you all 😊
…….Think il be sticking to Pixie 🧚🏻‍♀️
Posted
yes like most social app, but mine is my real name...
Posted
I tend to chat in DMs using my real name.
Plenty of people call me “Chesterfield” at munches etc though.
As for friends, most use their real name person to person, and their Alias when chatting with new people.
Some only use their alias, some friend I know quite well I have no idea of their real name.

Thing to remember is be true to yourself. ☺️
DeviantInside
Posted
There are some people I know who are now known more by their fet name/alias than their real name… even in the vanilla world.
Posted (edited)

I've been known as Arch for so long now that I respond to it as naturally as I do my vanilla name. I've even been called Arch by vanillas who've overheard me being called it by some unwitting lifestyler and they've just assumed it's a nickname. I don't see me giving iit up. 

Edited by 4RCH