Switching from dom to sub

Posted

Does anyone feel completely frustrated between work and home life? I run my own business so I am very dominant at work but my nature is submissive so when I'm home I'm that...it is so irritating!!! Especially when your expected to be something asap.

Posted

I do not think frustration comes into it. I categorise myself as Switch as I know I have both sides. In my vanilla life, I am naturally Dominant even if I try to not be, but that has been a journey. I am fairly happy with the balance I have achieved there. I am still, after many years, trying to find the happy medium of being able to let go in a relationship. Yes, you are right, people expect certain behaviours and traits to run through everything - but they are just people. We have to do what feels right for us. And be patient :-

Posted

it's a massively common trope - some people who are submissive are from many different backgrounds but the trope of having to be Dominant or "in control" especially in a workplace or part of a life can sometimes tie in to the want of giving up control.   

Posted

My partner has a dominant role at work but he enjoys being able to let go of that when hes at home and let me take the reins so to speak

Posted
I’m the opposite, dominant at home but very shy and submissive in the outside world, I’m still learning how to take my dominance outside of home and it frustrates me all the time.