Sessions?

Posted
Someone asked me for sessions? What does that mean?

J ❤️
Posted

Sessions are generally time booked with a Pro Domme - so someone might pay/book for 2 hours and that is a '2 hour session' and during most of that time the two will engage in kink play

however, a lot of guys also this meaning they want the same from someone who isn't a pro - they just don't want to pay

i.e. they want to meet up with you for a couple of hours to engage in kink play. 

Posted
Good answer. I hold sessions with my subs that are typically longer than a “scene” at a party. Short sessions are 45mins to 1 hr and longer ones twice that
Posted
Or they might be talking about the session private messaging app
Posted
Best bet would be to ask them to explain what a session looks like for them. For me it’s 4+hrs of pre-planned debauchery
Posted
It's a kinky play date. Usually paid. And you know from the start the rules and limits.
Posted
They could have been propositioning you for sex work. You would have to ask them to elaborate.
Posted
Sessions is also a chat app that doesn't store images or messages. Kind of like how Snapchat used to be before they decided everything was theirs to keep.
DarkArts1066
Posted
I think everybody has just about covered the possible permutations of this…
Having read your profile, and your comment about you being a ‘DommyMommy’, it would appear that the person concerned is asking you if you will provide a Domination session for them. The way the question was posed suggests that there may be a financial implication, ie: they may be offering payment… sometimes referred to as a ‘tribute’.
Ask them what they have in mind, and the duration of the session they want. They may offer clarity with their reply.
Posted
Do you have to do sessions though?
Posted
Well mistress
In Ireland a sesh is 10 pints of stout.

Some sessions may refer to time spent together but it's not something most would be comfortable with before meeting in public and gaining trust
Posted
That’s up to you no? If you’d like to meet with the person to talk and set the rules of the game, once agreed go ahead if you want to dominate that sub, maybe you’ll find what you’re looking for, your own personal slave maybe, who knows?!
Posted
Or in my case Sexual encounters! My prospective Lovers want sessions with me!
Posted
Imma have to join you on the confuse train cause that's a first for me haha
Posted

just to tie up a bit including my post and some others great points

When I got (back) involved with kink (both online and in person) 10 years ago - no one really used 'session' for play, outside of Pro circles.

Certainly if you were at a play event you might ask someone if they'd like to play, but you wouldn't say "should we session" - if you were planning a scene in advance with someone, it again but called just that - planning a scene, planning play, whatever.

it may be other people in other geographical areas had different experiences - but certainly, no, 10 years ago it wasn't used as a term outside of pro circles.

I think it has crept into the lexicon a bit more in recent years - so yeah if two people are pre-planning play either at an event or perhaps they're a couple that are ring-fencing time to play together - that, some folk are calling it a "session" rather than maybe a play scene, or play time or anything else.

Of course one such problem.  I could approach a Pro any time and say, "hey I'd like to book a session" and we'd discuss what we'd like to do, I'd pay a deposit, we'd meet and play.   

But there are, particularly guys, who if they see someone who isn't a Pro they ask "hey, would you like a session" and want all the perks of a Pro Domme session without paying for it ;) (of course, it may be based on context that (a) the person is prepared to pay you - but on this site them offering you *** is against the rules (b) you've already been chatting and are getting on ok and they'd like to meet for play.)

Posted
Nice summation! My own experience is not that long in the community. For me the scene is something done at a party in the open. A performance if you will. Rarely for an extended period of time, though I have witnessed some go 45 mins.

A session for me is 1 on 1 time, as with a pro, but instead of *** it is an exchange of power in a relationship with BDSM focus as opposed to vanilla intimacy.

I do it have sessions with my GF, just with my subs, at their request, lasting between 1-4 hours so far.
Posted
On 4/19/2023 at 4:18 PM, J_00 said:

Do you have to do sessions though?

You need to ask him exactly what he meant. If you are going to be a Mistress or else you need to be assertive and clear.