Are subs normally introverts?

Setrion

Posted
I am 100% submissive and I am an extreme Extrovert and very Blunt and Outgoing!
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
I'm autistic and have ADHD, so I'm not gonna do well in a Munch tbh. If I had someone there I knew, I could go, but I dont so.
Not necessarily introverted, just don't like new people. I've been told by my friends that I'm loud when I'm with them, but they thought I was very quiet when we first met.
It's not a "one title fits all" thing. Hell, I'm pretty sure if you asked everyone to tell you what sub/Dom means, you'd get a varying amount of answers.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I don't see why there should be a link of stereotypes, like submission being related to introversion, regarding roles within BDSM, or in general. Every person is different, and if there were not such strict guidelines on how to behave 'normally', I think many stereotypes would fall apart.

Posted
On 4/23/2023 at 1:12 PM, Setrion said:

I joined this site recently and found a lot of advice telling me to join munches and meet people in the community. This sounds great, but I have a lot of social anxiety, and having to "perform" (engage in basic interpersonal interaction with strangers) is exhausting for me. I was wondering if this is a common problem: is there a correlation between subs and being more 

I am definitely an introverted sub, also neurodivergent and shy as heck, so my social awkwardness is... a lot, usually. Having to mask my neurodivergence and shyness as much as possible is definitely exhausting. I feel much more comfortable getting to know the kink community online. Plus I'm not sure how to go about actually finding munches in my area (there's almost nothing listed on here or fetlife to my knowledge whenever I've looked).