Addressing the Scammer/*** seeking Influx. STAY SAFE!

Je****

Posted
I report every “financial interests” I see; however, 90% of the time the profiles are still active days later. Thai includes profiles where it’s blatant from their profile that they are seeking *** or sending screenshots showing they’ve asked for it. I even wrote to complain and they said they didn’t have enough staff to deal with all the complaints or even reviewing profiles before putting them live. This is inexcusable for an app that charges such high monthly fees. I’ve also noticed a HIGH influx of new profiles in the NYC area and you can see a pattern to what they’ve filled out and how they’ve filled out in their profile, suggesting that they may be the fictional work of the same user or groups of users and I’ve lost all confidence that the app is protecting me from scammers. I’ve canceled my paid membership and using points currently. I expect better protection from an app charging me so much ***
Posted
9 minutes ago, nihilistic-cvnt said:

this is why I love Fet. I think most of us agree that Findoms ruin the kink community, Fet has a problem with attracting prostitutes and for pay dominatrix and such.

it's very important people don't feed into them because they will keep coming back and abusing the community.

Findoms are a real thing. However they know better on where and when they can post and offer services, which is exactly what they do.

The new 20 somethings and y0ounger who have just joined and seek ***, are NOT findoms, they damage the genuine findom reputation. Regardless findom I believe is also not allowed on here, but again, those genuine ones know that.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Kingkow101 said:
Thanks. Was wondering about this. I usually just ignored them .

No always report half of them are catfish accounts anyway

Posted
19 minutes ago, nihilistic-cvnt said:
this is why I love Fet. I think most of us agree that Findoms ruin the kink community, Fet has a problem with attracting prostitutes and for pay dominatrix and such.

it's very important people don't feed into them because they will keep coming back and abusing the community.

Yeah exactly I mean I get that findom is an actual kink some people have but it’s so easy to tell that 90% of the “dominatrixes” are only in it for the *** and have no actual interest in a dynamic they are just slightly above average looking women who think it’s an easy way to make ***

Posted
37 minutes ago, RiknAli86 said:
Thanks for the post, I did notice a few profiles that didn’t look totally legit. Will keep this in mind when scrolling from now on. Thanks again ✌🏻❤️

Yeah always report for financial interests if you see anything about *** also watch out for bot accounts they are starting to be a big problem since people are using chatgpt and all those other ai text generators

Posted
They may list as being in the US but they are everywhere. The worst are the Nigerians!!!
Posted
Thanks for posting this. I figured the site must have gone viral. There was a massive flood of these accounts overnight. I got a ton of unsolicited messages.
Sadistocrat
Posted
Amen. It’s so gross honestly. So many scammers and “findom” … so tell me exactly oh “findom goddess” how you’re not just a beggar with delusions of grandeur?
Posted
Other things to look for as well:
Frequently they are profiles with minimal info that also say things like "just looking for sex" or "no limits" to suck in people hoping to get laid.
May be overly eager in messages or attempt to take you off site to other dubious social media profiles, frequently ones that were just created.
Bogus explanations for why their pictures won't load or why they can't send or take additional pictures, even normal, mundane, fully clothed ones.
Posted
Yea I’ve seen this issue as well and avoided many of those profiles
Posted
Simple well said and 100% agree with your thoughts and sentiment 👏
Posted

It’s terrible. I thought this was the one last spot or I wouldn’t be harassed.

Posted
10 minutes ago, lechoholic said:
Other things to look for as well:
Frequently they are profiles with minimal info that also say things like "just looking for sex" or "no limits" to suck in people hoping to get laid.
May be overly eager in messages or attempt to take you off site to other dubious social media profiles, frequently ones that were just created.
Bogus explanations for why their pictures won't load or why they can't send or take additional pictures, even normal, mundane, fully clothed ones.

Yeah that’s why you always ask for a picture preferably one with them holding a normal household object like a spoon or something

Posted
It's happening a LOT with Brazilian women as well, so that's not a solely USA thing. Most of the new profiles have something either implying the involvement of *** or explicitly saying it's the only way to interact with the person. Sometimes they hide under a pretense "findom", or selling packs, or saying they "like to be spoiled" (at least here in Brazil that's an euphemism for ***). Seems almost like an epidemic, to be honest.
Talking to a female friend here on FET, she said that it's been happening the same with male profiles from Brazil as well.
Posted
Tbh because there aren’t a lot of people in my area most of what I do is report scammers and bots
Posted
Yes, and members who send these people *** only keeps them coming back. This is a problem on all dating sites, not just here. Please stop sending people ***!!!
Posted
59 minutes ago, funburlingtonmale said:
They may list as being in the US but they are everywhere. The worst are the Nigerians!!!

Careful, let’s not make blanket statements that could be misinterpreted 😬. There’s an episode of a show called American Greed called Jamaican Lottery Scam that blew my mind…
Jamaica shows on Caller ID as a 3-digit area code just like the USA, and these call centers would claim you had unclaimed lottery winnings. They used psychology to endear themselves to their victims, while draining them of their *** from needing “processing fees”. Truly chilling stuff. A lot of times, the people that fell for it just wanted someone to talk to, and what got them was the caller using empathy to get them to lower their defenses. Says a lot about our society.

Posted
Well written. Thanks for it.
Posted
1 hour ago, nycgentledaddy said:

I even wrote to complain and they said they didn’t have enough staff to deal with all the complaints or even reviewing profiles before putting them live.

Lets break this down:

I even wrote to complain

So someone who could have been looking at profiles was dealing with responding to your complaint.  Now I'm not saying that you shouldn't complain, but every customer contact uses someone's time to deal with it. The irony of this is in your next line.....

they didn’t have enough staff to deal

That's because of the number of people who message repeatedly about the same issue instead of messaging once and waiting. I see this all the time in work, I might deal with 4 genuine emails to every 20 asking why they've not heard back - the answer is because I'm too busy responding to all the chase emails rather than getting on with what I should be doing. 

or even reviewing profiles before putting them live.

The site doesn't review profiles before they are put live. People signing up don't want to wait a day or more for their profile to be active. What it does do is encourage people to verify themselves with a picture and if they don't do that fairly quickly, then their profile is blocked. 

Posted

The site is only as good as its members. Yes the site charges a subscription but that's to cover the costs of running the site and give the full-time staff a wage. It's the members that make the site function, and its the members that should be calling out issues in their own community (just like the BDSM community has done for years). 

It's up to us all to:

• Report profiles that are an issue using the report link on the profile.
  • Report issues in the forum by reporting the individual comment. If there are multiple issues, report all of them. 
  • If you see something that is urgent (someone underage or whatever) reach out to one of the FETMODs directly and they will deal with it straight away. 

When you report, remember to add a note explaining what the issue is so the person dealing knows exactly what they are looking for. 

Blaming the site for things that are outside of its control just wastes everyone's time. Dealing with issues that are reported are absolutely the site's responsibility. But if the site isn't made aware of a problem, then it can't fix it. And yes, unfortunately it means repeatedly reporting the same issues time and time again.

We as a community need to make it as uncomfortable as possible for these parasites to live among us. 

Posted
Yep. Now getting messages to "spoil" them...lol